• Report: #822088

• Updated: Fri, January 13, 2012

• Reported By: Leeza — Tigard Oregon United States of America
CarRentals.com
New York, New York United States of America

CarRentals.com Car Rentals.com Car Rentals.com is a HUGE SCAM ! New York, New York

When we were making plans for a vacation to Los Angeles, California recently, we used a website that we THOUGHT was honest & fair, but since we changed airports & flight days & times, we found that the charges made to our bank account were IMMEDIATE once we signed-up for a rental car through CarRentals.com. We had cancelled several cars & the 'extra' auto insurance coverage that was advertised on the site. We felt that the insurance we were signing-up for was FROM (through) the Car Rental Company that we were renting from (BUDGET). The charges were taken the day we made the reservation and surprised me. It took up to o7 days to get refunded the money that they charged for the car(s) that we subsequently Cancelled.
      When we got a quote for the car rental through Budget, it was $169. Since we had ALREADY been charged $59.95 (who we ASSUMED was withdrawn & applied toward the cost of extra insurance with Budget).

We went on our trip. Since the flight got in after 11pm, we were given another (better) car and all was good. When we got home from our trip & I looked at our bank account & all the charges on it, I was surprised to see that the cost charged by Budget was $215. I questioned my husband who picked-up & returned the rental car & signed the final forms with Budget. I called Budget to question what a charge on our final bill was for $49.95 for "Non-Taxable Counter Product". The lady from Budget was very helpful & looked into the charge & told me it was for "extra car insurance" on the rental car. I told her about the charges that had ALREADY been made on our account for this. When I began to explain, she told me that was NOT a charge from Budget. She asked if we used a company online to book the car rental. I told her Yes, Car Rentals.com. She told me that the money deducted from our account was rather a charge from Car Rental.com, and I needed to contact THEM about a refund.

I began to see RED ! I started looking online & at all the e-mails we received from Car Rentals.com and count NOT find a phone number to contact them anywhere ! Until I searched for Car Rentals.com being a SCAM, I couldn't find a number & after reading the other stories about people having similar problems with this company, I realized that there is a bigger problem: getting our money back ! I did find a phone number on this site & hope that when they open, I will be able to get in touch with someone who will return my money !

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2012 06:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CarRentalscom/New-York-New-York-/CarRentalscom-Car-Rentalscom-Car-Rentalscom-is-a-HUGE-SCAM-New-York-New-York-822088. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CarRentals.com