suffering

• Updated: Tue, February 18, 2014

• Reported By: Rick — Dallas Texas
Carrollton Tire and Auto Center
2539 Marsh Ln Carrollton, Texas USA

Carrollton Tire and Auto Center Goodyear on Marsh Came in for an inspection on a company vehicle. I had checked everything before I came to get the inspection. The Rep tells me that one of the bulbs were out on the dirverside rear and that they would replace it for $2.50. When I check out he added Labor charge of $27 to swap the bulb out and $2.50 for the bulb.  Carrollton Texas

When I asked him how he could charge me $27 for labor on something that takes less than 5 minutes to do he said that was his minimum charge. He was not honest and should have told me up front about the labor and not just the $2.50 for the bulb. I asked him to remove it and he says he would chanrge me another $27 and the van woul dnot pass inspection. I could have done this myself had he just sold me the bulb. BTW the old bulb was not bad. SO I was misled and lied to by this Organization.

Went to the Goodyear location to get one of our company vans inspected.  We had checked everything on the van (Lights, Horn, Blinkers...etc..) before I took it to the Goodyear and everything checked out.

During the inspection the Service Writer comes to me and says you have a taillight bulb out. We can replace it for you for $2.50 it will only take a few minutes to change it out. When I checked out they had added $27.00 in Labor charges to swap the $2.50 bulb out. When I questioned the Service Writer about not telling me about the Labor charge upfront he got indignant about it and got an attitude.

It takes less than a 2 minutes to remove the lens and replace the bulb. I asked them to remove the bulb and he tells me I would not pass inspection without it and that they would charge me another $27 to do that.

So I paid the bill and moved on.  Before I left I got the bulb back from the Tech that did the work.  Turns out the bulb was not bad at all.

Bottom line. The Service Writer at this location is dishonest and will lie to and ripoff his customers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2014 07:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carrollton-Tire-and-Auto-Center/Carrollton-Texas-75006/Carrollton-Tire-and-Auto-Center-Goodyear-on-Marsh-Came-in-for-an-inspection-on-a-company-1124392. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Carrollton Tire and Auto Center