- Report: #1070823
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Carter & Baldwin Partners
Carter & Baldwin Partners2001 Market St Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Carter & Baldwin Partners Fake Company Philadelphia Pennsylvania
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
This report is regarding Carter & Baldwin Partners - a fake company as far as we can tell.
My wife received an email from this company a couple of weeks ago. She had previously been searching for training jobs, so when the email came announcing that there was a position open in our area, she wasn't surprised. She began following the steps required by the company.
She first sent her updated resume, as requested. Then came another email requiring a pre employment questionnaire. Then came yet another email requiring that she complete a test, but in order to do so, they suggested she buy a study guide for $17. So she did. She took the test, which was long and tedious.
Not long after, we received yet another email stating that she would receive a phone screening call, but she needed to complete a reference form first.
All of this seems normal, right? Here's where we have our doubts:
- They have not responded to any of her emails asking any follow-up questions.
- The phone number is never answered by a real person. Even when you follow the prompts.
- The website is only two weeks old, but the company claims they have been around for 12 years on their website.
- The links on the website to their Twitter, Facebook, and LinkdIn accounts, do not work.
- They are not listed at the address they have given on their website.
- We cannot find any information online about them, outside of their own website.
- The 'Recruiting Manager' she has been receiving emails from, had a link to his LinkdIn profile, which also doesn't work.
- The domain name is registered under Carter Baldwin and Richards. Of whom we also can find no information.
- She has never received an email during normal business hours.
Right now, this is all we have. We are very sceptical, and slightly worried due to the fact that we used a credit card to purchase the study guide. Be very cautious of any information you share with this company.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2013 05:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carter-Baldwin-Partners/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19103/Carter-Baldwin-Partners-Fake-Company-Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-1070823. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.