Complaint Review: Carvin

• Submitted: Fri, January 20, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, February 02, 2006

• Reported By:Ellicott City Maryland
Carvin
www.carvin.com San Diego, California U.S.A.

Carvin Poor Customer Service, lose order, improper accounting, late, no delivery of product RIPOFF San Diego California

*Author of original report: Carvin dispute resolved

I have ordered a custom bass guitar which has not been delivered within the promised completion date and the customer service rep (Charles) does not know of if it was ever made.

I ordered the bass around November 17th. They eneterd the wrong credit card number and held the order a week.
After correcting the card problem they lost my order and had no idea of what I orderd. I reordered again holding up the order another week.

I had a gift certificate and factory coupon that they would not apply for seven weeks . The coupons sat on the acountants desk until a service rep walked down and had them applied. For me it eqauled four phone calls over five weeks , the last call over 40 minutes.

The completion date was set for jan 16th . A six to eight week build time is the published norm for the company.

The 16th comes and no bass. I call for a update and was told that it takes three days for guitar dept to respond and process a status update.

Called back on the forth day when never contacted as promised.

Was told that they don't know status of bass.Rep wanted to re-email guitar dept.Rep would not walk to location at factory to check because it could take over forty minutes.

Same rep also told me that it could be possible that the bass has never been built and until the guitar dept responds we won't know.

Customer service rep said that they where running slow because of industry convention (Namm).

After a ten week wait and every sequence of sale messed up I have no bass and no idea if it was built or when it would be complete.

If I cancel the order for my bass they can't find, they will hold back 10% of the ticket. If I wait for them to build it then that will be another eight weeks

David
Ellicott City, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2006 08:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carvin/San-Diego-California-92128/Carvin-Poor-Customer-Service-lose-order-improper-accounting-late-no-delivery-of-produc-172605. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Carvin

Carvin dispute resolved

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

After contacting the company owner any problems with Carvin was resolved. He was very responsive and corrected my problem imediatly. Since my conflict, Carvin has made available a way customers to track the progress of a custom order on the Carvin website.
I recieved my product and the build and quality was perfect.
I am very happy with my item.