Complaint Review: Casey's Laptop Shop

• Updated: Wed, September 18, 2013

• Reported By: Sunny — Colorado Springs Colorado
Casey's Laptop Shop
1818 E. Pikes Peak Ave. Colorado Springs, Colorado USA

Casey's Laptop Shop Scammed me with false advertising, did not honor my reguest of a call before doing repairs. Repaired my laptop without my approval and then threatened to break it when I refused to pay. Colorado Springs Colorado

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Ripoff service

I was having problems with my laptop and people told me take it to Casey's Laptop Shop he does free diagnostics.  Said I could find out what was wrong and then decide if I wanted to repair it or just get a new laptop.  I checked the shop out myself and on the business card it say "Never A Charge For Diagnostics"

September12,2013 my sister Michelle and her daughter Amanda took my laptop to Casey and told him her sister just wanted to know what was wrong with it because if it cost to much she wasn't going to invest in it and get a desk top instead.  She gave Casey her cell phone number and said to call when he found out what was wrong.

September 13, 2013 I called to inquire about my laptop as I hadn't heard anything on it.  Casey informs me that he repaired it and the cost was $80.00.  I got upset and said I never gave him permission to repair it.  I just wanted the diagnostis done.  He said he wasn't going to open something up to look at it and not make money on it.  I told him I was on disability and couldn't afford that much.  My mother offered to write him a check and he said he didn't take checks (cash only)  He said he would take payments but if I didn't make the payments it would only screw me not him.  I said I shouldn't have to pay him a dime as he repaired it without my permission.  He said that was fine he could bust it up and give it back to me.  I borrowed money to get the laptop back before he started charging me more hidden fees.

September 14,2013  My sister Michelle was talking to a worker at Circle K down the street from us and was warning him about Casey's Laptop Shop and he said he knew first hand about what a scam Casey is.  He took his desk top in for a free diagnostics and also told him to call when he found the problem.  After not hearing from Casey he calls and finds out Casey repaired his desk top and wants $1,200.  The guy gets upset and said I didn't ask for you to repair it.  For that price I could have bought a new system.  The guy wants his info off the system and Casey tells him you pay me and can have it.  He makes a deal that he can pay $600 down and payments on rest.  Also treatens him that if he doesn't pay he can bust up the system.  The gentleman also involved in the scam said if I get something going against this guy (Casey) he is willing to give his name and address to help back me up.  He got scammed for alot more money then I did.  We are wondering how many others have been scammed by him.

I contacted BBB and they said there was nothing they could do.

Casey takes CASH ONLY no money orders or checks.  Why?  Is it so he has no record of people he is scamming or less money he has to declare in taxes.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/17/2013 10:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Caseys-Laptop-Shop/Colorado-Springs-Colorado-80909/Caseys-Laptop-Shop-Scammed-me-with-false-advertising-did-not-honor-my-reguest-of-a-call-1085368. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Casey's Laptop Shop

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Ripoff service

AUTHOR: Casey's Laptop Shop - ()

I own Casey's Laptop Shop and would like to refute the claim made of underhanded dealings. I have operated this shop for more then four years in the Springs, and have never quoted anyone a price of $1200 for repairs.

Not only is this way to much, it almost sounds made up. I offer free diagnostics, most of the time while you wait, it is not a scam as most shops in town charge just to look at your machine. This individual appears to be making false claims because she wants something for free. You bring in a broke laptop, and you didn't want it fixed? So why bring it in the first place. To make false claims and slanderous statements with no validity should be a crime. Next time you want services for free, just be up front. Tell them if it's not free, I'll file a complaint with the BBB.

I have helped alot of peaople for free, money is not my main objective in doing business. I am a third generation business owner here in the Springs. My Grandfather had Casey's Welding Works, my father had Casey's House of Pets, and I now have Casey's Laptop Shop. With that kind of history, do you really think I would operate a scam operation and dishonor my family's name in this town?

I have beeen called the cheapest in town which is ok with me. Offering a sevice at an affordable price is what this shop is all about. Lies and madeup complaints are not going to change the way I do business, I'm an honost business man just trying to help everyone with laptop troubles.