Complaint Review: Cash Advance America

• Updated: Tue, March 12, 2013

• Reported By: Michelle — Rockmart Georgia United States of America
Cash Advance America
www.cashadvanceamerica.net internet, California United States of America

Cash Advance America they told me to send $200 greendot money pak and I would get $3000 internet, California

*General Comment: I can relate..

I applied for a loan on line. I am desparate because my lights are being discontinued. I should have known better. Someone called me back and said that her name was Jennifer. She told me to go to Walmart and get a $200 green dot money pak which I did. I gave the activation number and she told me it was active. She then said I would get a phone call in 1 hour. The hour passed and nothing. Every time I called them they gave me the run around. Finally they told me the money pak was not active. I called the money pak and they said that the $200 was taken. Bascially I was scammed. Know I am out of $200 because money pak said they can not refund my money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/18/2012 07:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cash-Advance-America/internet-California-/Cash-Advance-America-they-told-me-to-send-200-greendot-money-pak-and-I-would-get-3000-i-943231. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cash Advance America

#1 General Comment

I can relate..

AUTHOR: CenterRightJustified - (United States of America)

I had 500 dollars ripped off of me from someone who sounded Indian, Pakistani or something.
It was bullcrap.
"Eric Thomspon" called me and said i was approved for a loan, had my bank information already and everything.
Said since my card was less than perfect that he'd need to verify that i was a financially strong person and that i could produce 10 percent of the loan and to put it onto a vanilla network reload voucher, or a green dot money pak. i put it on a walmart money card and was informed that no money would be taken off the card that they were just going to look at it to see if the amount was correct and not  to activate it until they said so.

so like an idiot i gave the number to my card out and then they didn't call me back when they said they would and when i called them they said that since my credit wasn't perfect that that the bank wouldn't let them deposit the money into my account that i needed to buy a vanilla reload voucher with 500 more dollars.
i didn't do this, i tried to activate my card and it was already activated under another name and zip code. and found that all my money had been taken. i filed a case against them. someone had called me sounding like they were in a car saying that they'd "take this and deal with this issue since they were receiving a lot of calls about me on their end" and said to western union 300 dollars in order to get all my money plus my loan back.

BULL! i didn't do it. and i can't get my money back either.
i hope them punks get put in jail for what they did to us!
this dude had numbers, e0mail account and a fake contract and everything.
only loan i ever took out was a student loan, i never took out a loan like that so i was unaware of this scamming act!