- Report: #1011349
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: cash advance usa
cash advance usaunknown unknown, California United States of America
cash advance usa cash advance usa 760-651-2851 unknown, California
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
They claim that the lawsuit being filed was from cash advance usa and said that they had given me a advance in the past and tried 6 times to get funds from bank account number I gave them (which was "fraudulant") and they demanded me to pay them within a hour $975.45 ON A PREPAID OR OTHERWISE UNTRACEABLE EFT METHOD.
In general when I would ask questions or ask them to send me a validation of debt, they would raise thier voices and start cursing at me and hang up. I would call them back to try to figure out if this was real and they would answer the same number multiple times.
They threatened me with embaressment for me from my family and my job finding out about this.
They also tried to threaten me with "if you don't pay me now then tomorrow am we will have some people at your house to arrest you." They also said that if they had to file lawsuit, it would cost me $3000+ and
6 months in jail.
I DID NOT pay them because I was making another call to my lawyers office and they said that they have never heard of this and they do bankruptcies.
I would have hung up with them at that point in time but they were threatening my job and I had to file a report with my company's security officer.
I had to do some things because my companies security officer said I needed to.
1. I contacted the FBI in springfield and filed a report,
2. The FBI asked me to call the Federal Trade Commission who said that this operation IS being investigated.
3. I called and left message with IL states attorneys office to tell them of this scam.
4. I also filed a fraud alert with my credit.
The FTC said that they did all this wrong on several points...
1. They misrepresented themselves as who they are
2. They ARE NOT supposed to use profanity in collecting a debt
3. They CAN NOT ask for money and payment in a rediculous time fram such as 1 hour.
4. They are legally supposed to send a validation of debt in writting (they said that they would send it to my company) I also understand from my experiences that ...
1. If they were filling a lawsuit, then I know that they would have to send me notification FIRST before they did anything and I have a right to get my own lawyer.
I am sending this story to you because if they called me then they have hit other people around too. See the following website ...
If others could benefit from this warning getting out on public airwaves that this scam is apparently in the area then my experiences could help others. .
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2013 09:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/cash-advance-usa/unknown-California-00000/cash-advance-usa-cash-advance-usa-760-651-2851-unknown-California-1011349. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.