Complaint Review: Cash America, Pay Day Loans

244 South Flower St. Los Angeles, California United States of America
  • Phone: 2137842060
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Cash America, Pay Day Loans Cash America Fake Law Firm claims I am being sued Los Angeles, California

There is a real CarlSmith Ball law firm and there is a fake CarlSmith Ball law firm with employees that have foreign accents. I recently received a call from a fake law firm claiming I owed Cash America over $700 for a loan that I know I never took out. They called from weird numbers rushing you to call back a 213 number or face serious consequences. I knew they were lying because they said the loan was taking out during a time I was deployed, using an address I just got. They claimed I receive previous correspondence through email from Cash Advance, but that I never responded. Bulls---! They said I could settle this case out of court by paying the money up front or I could refuse to pay and have to go to some court in Orange County because I had committed fraud and some other bull crap. I called the real CarlSmith Ball law firm and they confirmed that they had no account for me and that this was a total scam. Please do not become afraid because someone threatens you with a lawsuit. Do your research or contact a real attorney before believing any similar scam. Luckily, I remember a similar case on the news where a lady was almost scammed, but she was smart enough to ask questions and did her research.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2010 02:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cash-America-Pay-Day-Loans/Los-Angeles-California-/Cash-America-Pay-Day-Loans-Cash-America-Fake-Law-Firm-claims-I-am-being-sued-Los-Angeles-629051. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cash America, Pay Day Loans