Complaint Review: cash4iphones

• Submitted: Mon, August 15, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, August 15, 2011

• Reported By: Alex — NY New York United States of America

cash4iphones Cash4laptops iPhone and Electronics Buying Scam Internet

I recently found these folks online.  They offered me a slightly better deal ($84) on my used iphone 3 than the local buyers and it seemed easy enough.  After they received my phone I was contacted by a customer service rep who left me a message.  I called him back but only got his messaging service and left no message on this occasion.  He called back several days later and left me another message. I called him back and again was unable to get a hold of him so I left a voicemail asking him to please leave me a detailed message regarding what additional info was required -he did not.

I called once more several days later and when I inquired about my open transaction with another customer service rep  I was told that the check was ready to go out.  I was curious to know why I was contacted by phone and whether additional info was required from me. I was told no further info was required and that the phone check release authorization was simply the new operating protocol.

A couple of weeks later I received a check for $40 though I was expecting more than twice that amount.

Now, I was never given an offer on my device after my initial quote solicitation but when I subsequently spoke with the facilities manager-a Mr. Darren McCarthy in Nevada, I was told they had a record of me accepting the bid.  No such record existed save for a notation one of his sales guys and placed in their log.  Amazingly when I spoke with the rep (Ryan) who claimed he had spoken to me, he held fast to his position-I assured him we had never spoken but this was to no avail.  I suggested they switch to en email confirmation (which they had previously done -but they got tired of all the emails) or taking to recording the acceptance of bids as their current system DOES NOT PROTECT THE SELLER.  I must have spoken to these folks for 20 minutes (aside from having played phone tag with them on several occasions-sometimes you can't even get through to these people-how convenient) and they were pretty obstinate.  My advice is to steer clear of these guys at all cost.  The extremely unhelpful facilities manager wouldn't give an inch and left me feeling pretty taken advantage of and duped. Sellers beware.

The kicker here is that when I went to check on the value of the phone I had sent in after they sent me a $40 check, the quote had actually increased to $97-can you believe these guys??

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2011 10:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/cash4iphones/internet/cash4iphones-Cash4laptops-iPhone-and-Electronics-Buying-Scam-Internet-765344. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on cash4iphones