Complaint Review: cash4iphones

• Submitted: Wed, April 02, 2014
  • Updated: Wed, April 02, 2014

• Reported By: Adam — Costa Mesa California
Internet USA

cash4iphones, cash4laptops, Cellular Distribution Strategies They quote you one price, but then pay a lower amount. They accept phones in perfect condition but then claim they are in inferior condition. Internet

These guys buy back used cell phones.  In my case, I had an iPhone that was in perfect condition.  I filled out their form online, and they provided a quote, indicating that they would pay me a certain amount once they received the phone from me.

It took them forever to send me the box and shipping label, I then used it to send my phone to them, and then I never heard back.  I had to follow up numerous times, and never got a response.  When they finally did send me a check, it was for significantly less than the amount they had quoted.  I inquired/complained about this, again followed up numerous times and again never got a response.  I then filed a complaint against them with the Better Business Bureau.

When they replied to the BBB, they said my phone was in poor condition.  That is absolutely false, as it was in perfect near-new condition.  Clearly their assessment of condition is flawed and they use this to take advatage of people so they don't have to pay them the full amount.

Beware- if you use these guys, make sure you carefully document the condition of your phone before returning it to them!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2014 04:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/cash4iphones/internet/cash4iphones-cash4laptops-Cellular-Distribution-Strategies-They-quote-you-one-price-bu-1135781. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on cash4iphones