paint

• Submitted: Mon, May 23, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, May 23, 2011

• Reported By: Dayraven0 — Fayetteville North Carolina United States of America
cashadvanceusa.com

cashadvanceusa.com Mike Contacted place of work, and personal acquaintances to report I was a suspect in a crime! Internet

Several months ago, I received an email stating that I qualified for a cash advance between $500 - $1500.00 dollars.  To process my request, I simply needed to fill out a short loan application, in which I was asked to disclose my banking information, place of work, work phone #, and contact information of two acquaintances.  The email appeared to be a legitamate offer, and in need of funds I submitted the information.  I was then 'matched' with several lenders, all of whom seemed less then reputable, with preposterous interest rates in excess of 700%.  I declined all offers, closed my web browser, and quickly forgot the matter.

Today, my supervisor at work received a call stating that a 'Mr. Soto' had contacted her looking for me to resolve a urgent matter of 'crime prevention'.  The phone # left was 904-335-8127.  A google search linked this phone number to cashadvanceusa.com, one of the very lenders I suspect my personal information was given.  My friend Erich Peterson, also received a message from a 'Mike'  calling from the same phone #. My friend, listened to the message and wrote down the entire piece of correspondence word for word.
Oh yes Hi Erich Peterson this is Mike from the legal dept of crime prevention.
And this is a message trying to contact one of your friends Russell Youmans.
Hi Russell this is Mike from the legal Dept of Crime Prevention.
I was trying to reach you in regards to a very serious matter.
I have a case file in which you are a primary suspect.
There are three serious allegations against you.
I want you to call me back urgent at 904-335-8127
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The allegations that I owe a debt are false.  The allegations that I am party to some type of crime is defamation of charater and harrassment.  This internet 'business' needs to be investigated and shut down.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2011 08:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/cashadvanceusacom/internet/cashadvanceusacom-Mike-Contacted-place-of-work-and-personal-acquaintances-to-report-I-w-732382. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on cashadvanceusa.com