Complaint Review: cashinyourlaptop.com

• Reported By: reeder — Carrboro North Carolina
cashinyourlaptop.com
Internet USA

cashinyourlaptop.com Dishonest devaluation of laptop Internet

I wished to seel my old laptop so I found cashinyourlaptop.com on-line.  Entering the computer model they gave me a quote for my computer and once you agree to the price you ship it to them.  My machine was in excellent condition, but it was old.  Upon receipt of computer they gave a bogus excuse to devalue the offer.  The original offer was for $40, but they claimed my laptop had the follwoing problems:

• Touch Pad Palmrest/ Mouse Buttons : Broken or melted plastics

●  Keyboard : Worn or faded keys
●  Bottom Case/Housing : Broken plastics, vents or latching

and devlaued the sale to $22. If any of these were true, I would have no complaint, but I have pictures to prove that none of these conditions applied to my computer.  If it were a more valuable piece of equipment I would have been really upset, but I had read they might pull such tricks. [continued below]....

.....  Turns out those reports were true!  I didn't agree to the $22 sale, so they upped their offer to $25.  I accepted the $25 because it wasn't worth the hassle to have them send it back (I wonder if they actually would have had I not agreed to the sale).  Anyway, beware if you're doing business with these folks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2014 08:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/cashinyourlaptopcom/internet/cashinyourlaptopcom-Dishonest-devaluation-of-laptop-Internet-1163081. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on cashinyourlaptop.com