Complaint Review: CashNet USA

• Updated: Sun, June 16, 2013

• Reported By: DEMT, Georgia — Decatur Georgia
CashNet USA
200 West Jackson, Suite 1400 Chicago, Illinois USA

CashNet USA Threaten to bring criminal charges against me and jail time Chicago Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: From a CashNetUSA Representative

*UPDATE Employee: From a CashNetUSA Representative

I received a call on June 14th, 2013 from a friend who stated she had received a call from a law office which stated that they were investigating me and need to speak to me immediately. I was give a phone number 513-373-4145 (Cincinnati, Ohio)  to call and to ask for a Ms. Morgan.

I returned the phone call in which a Ms. Morgan did answer the phone. She immediately began with, "Do you have an attorney? I asked her why would I need an attorney? Ms. Morgan stated "Because, we are about to file charges in the Jonesboro, Georgia courts against you for 1) Theft by deception; 2) Check fraud and 3) Violation of international banking laws. She then went on to say that I had violated the Check 21 Act which was put into place in 2004. Ms. Morgan stated that she represented CashNet USA and that they wanted me prosecuted at the highest level. The only way that I would be able to avoid these charges, warrants being place by the courts against me and possible jail time would be for me to pay a $700.00 outstanding bill. When I tried to explain that I did not what was going on and that I did not recall obtaining any loans from CashNet USA this is where the even scarier episode began.

Ms. Morgan quoted my previous bank name, my SS# (last four digits and then the complete SS#). She also gave names of individuals that had been references for me in the past. I kept telling her that I did not recall ever getting a loan from Cashnet USA. She then went on to say "well CashNet USA has over 300 affiliated lenders and I had to have used one of them. I asked her if she could provide me with the name of the agency that I supposely borrowed the money from and she repeat I told you that there are more than 300 affiliates. Never providing me with a specific name, she continued stating you need to get an attorney. I became very upset and told her that she was accusing me of something I had not done. Ms.Morgan said these are felony charges because when my client went to place an EFT on your account the funds were not there because it was more than $500.00 owed you will be charged with an felony. She then called by anotber person's name and then said your total is $780.00. I told her that I did not have $780.00. I began to cry and she say "I normally do not do this, but I am going to call my client and ask them if they would be willing to workout apayment plan" She later came back on and said "I am sorry,    unless you can come up with a substantially large down payment there is  nothing I can do for you". Call an attorney. She told me that her law firm is  Olden & Associates located at 35 E 7th Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202.

I have never experienced such at ti.e that I felt so helpless! This lady has all my personal information, not to mention after further research, I found out that the phone number I called was a personal cell phone number. Also, she said gave 35 East 7th Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202 is an actual building

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2013 09:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CashNet-USA/Chicago-Illinois-60606/CashNet-USA-Threaten-to-bring-criminal-charges-against-me-and-jail-time-Chicago-Illinois-1059540. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CashNet USA

From a CashNetUSA Representative

AUTHOR: CashNetUSA - ()

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I am a representative of CashNetUSA. This individual (Ms. Morgan) is not a representative of CashNetUSA and we strongly advise that you do not provide any personal information or send any money to this Ms. Morgan if contacted again.  Please take moment to file a report with our Fraud Prevention team here: http://www.cashnetusa.com/consumer-notices.  Thank you!

From a CashNetUSA Representative

AUTHOR: CashNetUSA - ()

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I am a representative of CashNetUSA. This individual (Mr. Morgan) is not a representative of CashNetUSA and we strongly advise that you do not provide any personal information or send any money to this Mr. Morgan if contacted again.  Please take moment to file a report with our Fraud Prevention team here: http://www.cashnetusa.com/consumer-notices.  Thank you!