Complaint Review: cashnet usa

• Submitted: Wed, September 19, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, September 26, 2012

• Reported By: chessa10 — lindstrom Minnesota United States of America
cashnet usa

cashnet usa someone saying they were from cashnet usa called and harrassed me, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: From A Respresentative of CashNetUSA

Someone saying they were from cashnet usa called me repeatedly and demanded that I owed them money and that they were going to take legal action against me. I have never had a loan with cashnet and told them that, after which they inferred that I was lying to get out of paying the loan. I asked them to send me something in the mail so that I could see what they were talking about and they said they did which I never recieved anything from cashnet. They had all my information except the workplace they had was wrong. It is scary to me, so just in case I changed my bank account numbers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2012 10:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/cashnet-usa/internet/cashnet-usa-someone-saying-they-were-from-cashnet-usa-called-and-harrassed-me-Internet-943486. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on cashnet usa

From A Respresentative of CashNetUSA

AUTHOR: CashNetUSA - (USA)

Hi Chessa10,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I apologize for the phone calls from these scammers. We assure you that these fraudsters are not associated with CashNetUSA.  We encourage you to reach out to our Fraud Prevention Team at 866.254.3581 and tell them what you told us here. I have notified them and they are awaiting your call so we can report the incident to authorities from our end. You did the right thing by not providing them with any information and taking extra precautions by changing your bank account number.  The Federal Trade Commission is taking action against these fraudsters but we cannot identify and shut down these scammers without help from people like you. The FBI is also aware of fraudulent debt collectors and has issued an alert on fake debt collectors:  http://www.fbi.gov/scams-safety/e-scams. We wish you the best and dont forget that we are here if you need additional assistance!