Complaint Review: Casting 360

• Submitted: Wed, February 16, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, February 16, 2011

• Reported By: Alan — Clearwater Florida U.S.A.
Casting 360
182 Howard St., suite 412 San Francisco, California United States of America

Casting 360 net-temps .com Make up to $300 per day San Francisco, California

I was seeking a job on the Indeed job reports I get as email. The job was listed as,"flexible hours, part time, get started today." It came in through a listing from Net-Temps, a listing service. The listing went on to explain you could make up to $300 per day working as an extra in the movie/entertainment industry, no experience needed, all looks, all ages. They provided a video to watch and an 800 number to call. I called. The person who finally picked up the phone spoke broken English, he said his name was Xavier and he was in San Francisco. He told me about all the benefits of the program and that all it would take is a one time registration fee of just $1.98 to start the program and that I could send in my own photos to make a portfolio that they would put on their website for casting directors to look at. OK, I gave him one of my master card numbers. AFTER he had that, he went on to explain that after 14 days there would be an automatically recurring billing of $34.95 per month to stay registered, but he guaranteed that I would be contacted by someone with 90 days or I would get my money back. I reminded him that by that time I would have spent over $100 for nothing, and who would call me, some director ?

I told him to forget the entire transaction and that I was calling my CC company to alert them. The next 5 minutes was spent in a tug of war with this telemarketer with him begging me to just take the 14 day trial for $1.98 and me saying NO.

These people should be put out of business immediately as this is nothing more than a telemarketing scam to gain access to your credit card number and start the billing process. Do NOT give them your number, in fact, don't respond to this kind of ripoff ever.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2011 04:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Casting-360/San-Francisco-California-94105/Casting-360-net-temps-com-Make-up-to-300-per-day-San-Francisco-California-696195. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Casting 360