Complaint Review: Castle Credit

• Updated: Wed, February 19, 2014

• Reported By: superman91184 — Lawrenceville Georgia
Castle Credit
8430 W. Bryn Mawr Ave. Suite 750 Chicago, Illinois USA

Castle Credit Castle Credit corporationCastle Credit incorporatedCastle Credit, Chicago, Illinois Company does not honor grace period, charges late fees when they want to, customer service very rude. Chicago Illinois

*Author of original report: Case in point

*Consumer Comment: Don't pay late

In 2012 I purchased a new home and was bombarded with the usual ads in the mail for services. One of which was water testing for free. Deceptive at best, eco-water came out and tested the water and gave me disturbing news about the city water we bathe in and consume daily. Fast forward ahead, system installed and they handed the loan off to castle credit. The deal seemed ok, payments were manageable @95.00 per month. Payments due every month on the 15th with a noted 10 day grace period.

My complaint is that this company obviously does not know what a grace period is, they have used "holidays" and "weekends" as an excuse to charge me a rediculous late fee of over $20.00 many times. I have called to make payments on the 23rd day of the month and just because there was either a holiday or a sunday coming up, they say the payment would post late, so they had to charge me the fee. I do not see how this is my problem, I am making a payment well within the grace period guidelines and these crooks are taking advantage of their customers. I have even talked to the supervisor and she talked to me like I was stupid for being upset and that if I wanted to avoid late fees, then I needed to setup auto draft.

Well given the other complaints on here and the way they do business, I dont think i'm giving them that kind of automated access to my account. I think companies like this, that go untouched by the law and that are allowed to operate in this manner is a complete ripoff to consumers everywhere. I tried to reason with them, I tried to ask them to remove the fees as I was calling within the stated guidelines and they will not work with me. I would strongly suggest that NO one use this farce of a lender for anything, they are sharks and are looking to take advantage of people in whatever way they can.

Please, do yourself a favor and avoid this lender at all costs. Its not worth the loan to deal with the rude customeer service, supervisors and rediculous fees and interest associated with doing business with them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2014 04:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Castle-Credit/Chicago-Illinois-60631/Castle-Credit-Castle-Credit-corporationCastle-Credit-incorporatedCastle-Credit-Chicago-1124708. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Castle Credit

Case in point

AUTHOR: superman91184 - ()

The above comment is obviously one of the many rude CSR's at Castle Credit, No call us and we'll discuss this. No we'll see what we can do to help or maybe there has been a miscommunication?? Completely UNprofessional people who could care less about their customers. They only make snippy comments like the above!

Don't pay late

AUTHOR: coast - ()

“Please, do yourself a favor and avoid this lender at all costs.”

Do yourself a favor by paying bills prior to the due date.