Complaint Review: Catherine Seymore - Bettaworld.com

• Submitted: Sun, September 02, 2001
  • Updated: Sun, September 02, 2001

• Reported By:
Catherine Seymore - Bettaworld.com
11189 Orion Avenue Mission Hills, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 818-837-5060
  • Web:
  • Category: Internet

Catherine Seymore Bettaworld.com donations rip-off scam to consumers

I sent a money order for $25.00 with a letter stating how many fish I wanted and my mailing information as requested on 9/18/2000. I contacted her about another subject a couple of months later and she replied saying that all of my information was lost and she was glad I contacted her so I could send the information and she would ship the fish asap.

I never heard from her again and her website was down it appeared that she had disappeared. In June I found the website was back up and I sent her an email requesting a refund. She replied wanting me to send the receipt I refused to send the original and sent a clear copy via e-mail. She then replied saying that she did not know whether or not it had been cashed and requested that I find out.

If she had not cashed like she seemed to think I could have gotten a refund from the money order company. I contacted the money order company on 7/5/2001 and the confirmed that it had been cashed.

I sent her the phone number and the information she would need to contact them in order to verify that she had cashed it. She did not reply. I have contacted her on three different occasions and she still refuses to respond. I did not mind waiting to receive the fish but now it is obvious she never intended to send them and now I wonder how many other people she has scammed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Catherine-Seymore-Bettaworldcom/Mission-Hills-California-91345/Catherine-Seymore-Bettaworldcom-donations-rip-off-scam-to-consumers-6474. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Catherine Seymore - Bettaworld.com