Complaint Review: Catholic Children's Company

• Updated: Tue, November 26, 2013

• Reported By: AKhere — dee why Other
Catholic Children's Company
111 W Main St Mesa, Arizona USA

Catholic Children's Company; Catholic Books & Gifts; Catholic Books and Gifts; Catholic Childrens Company Christening Gown never shipped gown, now refusing our calls yet site still up and running! Won't return money! Mesa Arizona

One Tuesday, August 20, 2013, my husband and I placed an online order for a Christening Gown for our daughter's upcoming Baptism from Catholic Children's Company.

On Wednesday, August 21 2013 I received order confirmation / invoice via email for the purchase we placed- one Morgan Cotton Gown with Cutwork Lace for the price of $103.99 USD plus $24.45 USD shipping, paid in full using PayPal.

On Friday, August 30 2013, skeptical of receiving the gown in time for our daughter's Baptism scheduled for September 8, 2013, my husband and I contacted the company by phone.  The company's messaging system takes you through a series of options.  Every option we selected took us to the same dead-end.  As in, no representative to assist us and no messaging system to actually leave our details.

After trying 2 other numbers listed throughout their website, we finally spoke with a female representative of the company (whose voice is that of their voicemail).  We were told that our order was sent out on Tuesday, August 27 2013.

By Friday, September 6, 2013, we had still not received the gown and resorted an alternative dress (still thanking our daughter's God Mother for finding the new dress!).  At this stage we still wanted to keep the dress for future children.

On Friday, September 20, 2013, we contacted Catholic Children's Company once more, seeking additional clairification as to the whereabouts of the gown, seeing as, based on the order number they provided in the origional email / invoice, it was 'still being processed'.  The same female rep of the company who assisted us in our previous attempt to track the gown once again assisted us.  She noted that the gown was coming up in her system as 'not delivered,' and stated that with international deliveries this often happens.  She was very pleasant, offering great customer service and apologized for the delay.  Because the item was deemed as lost, she assured us that a new one will be sent out immediately, along with a return postage in case the other gown ever appeared (our suggestion).

Several weeks had passed and no gown.

On Friday, October 18, 2013 I attempted to contact the company again.  This time the telephone number provided on thier website and in their email was coming up as 'disconnected'.  After digging up a different number- one which was provided in my tracking order- a lady answered the phone with "Hello?" After stating who I was and waiting for a response, the lady who answered hung up.  I selected 'redial' and was directed immediately to the voicemail for Catholic Children's Company.  I left a very detailed message of the issue and contact details, yet no one from the company has attempted to resolve the issue.  I have made several attempts since, as it's now late November, and still no resolution.  After seeking assistance from PayPal (for a refund on the item/shipping), I was told that they would not issue refunds on matters outside 45 day since transaction.  Understandable.

At this stage, we would like someone- anyone- from the company to contact us to reslove the matter in 1 of 2 ways:

1. refund in full

2. the dress in hand

In addition to that, seeing as the website is still up and running, I would love to ensure it is shut down to prevent further fraudulent transactions from occuring.  If not fraudulent, I'd like them to see resolution 1 and/or 2 listed above!

Overall, I am extremely disappointed with the fact that they call themselves "Catholic" anything, yet scam consumers like myself who put their faith and trust into a company, only to be taken full advantage of.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/26/2013 07:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Catholic-Childrens-Company/Mesa-Arizona-85201/Catholic-Childrens-Company-Catholic-Books-Gifts-Catholic-Books-and-Gifts-Catholic-C-1102472. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Catholic Children's Company