Complaint Review: Cathy Jean Shoes

• Updated: Mon, March 31, 2014

• Reported By: CC from Capitola — Santa Cruz California
Cathy Jean Shoes
41st Ave Capitola, California USA

Cathy Jean Shoes No Returns on marked downs. Cancer Warning in the Box. Marked up then marked down so you cant return. Capitola California

*Author of original report: Cathy Jean in Capitola fixed the problem with flying colors.

I went into Cathy Jean Shoes for the first time. It seemed every shoe in the store was about $80.00 or more. Most of the shoes were 25 - 50% off.   I tried on a couple shoes in my size and decided to buy 2 pair. It came to $130.00.

The girl went and got 2 boxes of the ones I liked, in the size I tried on.  I paid her, she put the boxes in a bag and I went home.  After I got home I opened the box and found one of the white shoes was still in it's factory packaging but had a flaw, smudge on it. In addition there was a strong oder coming from both boxes.. I thought maybe it was the newness of the plastic?

I read a warning that came with it that said there is a chemical that is known to cause cancer.  I read further then went to the internet to check out more details about this chemical from China.  Many light hearted comments were stating that if you don't put it in your mouth you ok.  Well, your skin obsorbs chemicals, and I'm not willing to take the chance with these sandals.

I went back to the store to return them and they said I cant return them, that they were on sale.  Every single shoe I saw was on sale. I went to their website, and every single shoe I saw was on sale. They may change that now that this is being written, but to me this is a huge scam.  They mark up every shoe and mark them down, but they're plastic. Then they stick it to you, not allowing you to bring them back. They have a very strange smell coming from them and a warning in the box that you review the details of when you get home and open the box.

This is a disgusting practice of selling a toxic shoes and girls are wearing these, the toxins are more than likely being absorbed into their skin.  They don't allow you to bring them back. They are toxic, the warning is IN the box after you get them home do you have the chance to really review this issue.  I hadn't even tried on the ones that were in the boxes.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2014 12:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cathy-Jean-Shoes/Capitola-California-95010/Cathy-Jean-Shoes-No-Returns-on-marked-downs-Cancer-Warning-in-the-Box-Marked-up-then-ma-1134955. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cathy Jean Shoes

Cathy Jean in Capitola fixed the problem with flying colors.

AUTHOR: CC from Capitola - ()

After reviewing the situation, Cathy Jean in Capitola explained everything very clearly about prop 65 and refunded the money without any issues. They gave great customer service and shinned through while fixing the problem with kindness.