Complaint Review: Catmandoo Animal Rescue

• Submitted: Fri, July 19, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, July 19, 2013

• Reported By: Animal Rescue Thieves — Mammoth Lakes California

Catmandoo Animal Rescue Heidi hagford, Suzanne Moeller Thieves using animal rescue as a front Playa Del Rey, Culver City California

*General Comment: Catmandoo, Heidi, and Suzanne

*General Comment: Catmandoo Animal Rescue

*Consumer Comment: Just Wrong!

I found a dog online I wanted to adopt. I first contacted Suzanne in Culver City, who referred me to Heidi in Playa del Rey who had the dog. She was excited for my response. ( now i know why) I live out of the area. I told her it was too far to come but she insisted. She told me the dog had fleas. I live in the desert so I told her that would not be a problem. I gave her $ 50.00 for gas , $200.00 for the dog. The dog was very sick with fleas, and her tail was a bloody mess. $108.00 at the vet. Why would they adopt out a sick dog??? So far, 358.00. The dog was crazy, bit me twice. tried to kill my cat. She told me dog was ok with cats.(haha) I drove the dog myself back to her. I told her i would wait a month for my refund. She never returned my calls or e-mails. I think this is a scam with them. They adopt out dogs they know are wrong for the people who cannot handle them and keep the money. Major rip off artists, and I have a hard time thinking there are people like this out there who would use a homeless animal to make money for themselves, giving no thought to what the animal went through. Stay away from Catmandoo!  I wonder how many times they adopted out the same dog and kept the money when the dog was returned?? It has been 3 months, and still no response back from them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2013 05:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Catmandoo-Animal-Rescue/Playa-Del-Rey-California-90293/Catmandoo-Animal-Rescue-Heidi-hagford-Suzanne-Moeller-Thieves-using-animal-rescue-as-a-f-1068548. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Catmandoo Animal Rescue

#1 General Comment

Catmandoo, Heidi, and Suzanne

AUTHOR: Jg - ()

I have to totally disagree with the writer of this letter.  I have known Heidi for many years and also know the work that she and Suzanne do for Catmandoo.  Both Heidi and Suzanne are dedicated animal lovers who ALWAYS have the best interests of the animals that they work with at heart.  I know the dog that the writer is talking about and I'm also aware that there is a whole other side to this story - quite different from what the writer said.  Heidi worked very hard with the dog in question.  She came to Heidi scared of everything, unable to walk on a leash, understanding no commands - she had been in the streets for who knows how long.

Heidi showed her constant love, gave her appropriate correction when she misbehaved, and built the dog's confidence up incredibly.  I saw the dog after it was returned - and she looked very healthy to me -- no obvious fleas or wounds. This loving animal now has a wonderful home in Oregon with a person who is absolutely in love with her.  I believe that the placement with the person writing the letter below was an unfortunate mistake - on both sides.  When someone adopts from a rescue organization, they typically sign an agreement acknowledging that the money is non-refundable - BUT they can select another animal from the organization.

I would guess that this happened in this case.  Heidi, Suzanne, and everyone else who work with Catmandoo are loving andwant the best for their animals.  They sacrifice much of their own time and their own money to keep these animals safe, fed, and healthy.  They will choose to go without something in their personal lives so that they can provide for the animals in their care.  They are not rip off artists and this is not a scam.  To say such a thing is incorrect and hurtful.  These people should be praised and financially supported for the wonderful work that they do!

#2 General Comment

Catmandoo Animal Rescue

AUTHOR: Linda - ()

Heidi Hagford is my neighbor.  I have known her for 11 years.  She befriended my daughter first.  My daughter, now 24, lives with Autism and loves cats.  She finds companionship and solace with these  precious creatures.  Heidi advised that she contact Suzanne at Catmandoo with volunteer opportunities.

Suzanne and my daughter hit it off immediately and there began a very special relationship.  There are not many people out there that understand Autism and know how to work around the special quirks.  My daughter can be quite challenging.  Suzanne and her animals have been a lifesaver for my girl.  She found a purpose there and soon grew (with Suzanne's help) to socialize with the prospective adoptees.  She was able to socialize the animals immediately!  Suzanne and Heidi have been part of my daughter's life now for 11 years.  She trusts and looks up to both woman.

Both my daughter and I are very saddened that this opportunity has been taken away.  I am sure there are other opportunites out there but not everyone is willing to take on a helper with special needs and help them to live a normal life.

Just Wrong!

AUTHOR: Krista C - ()

I have known Heidi for11 years and Suzanne for 5 years. In the years that  I have known them, they have been nothing but wonderful.

Heidi: must be one of the most selfless people I have ever known and cares about all animals. She has watched my own pets throughout the years and I have never had any problems, my dog comes  home better trained then when he left.

I know this story and the lady that wrote this report is crazy! She wanted to adopt the dog, then wanted to return her, then was okay, this went back and forth. Heidi was willing to help with the vet bill. Heidi drove many miles to drop the dog off, then when the adoptee finally decided that she did not want the dog, Heidi drove half way to meet her and pick up the dog.

Then this lady wanted her money back (what adoption place gives anyone a full refund, and who would ask)! I personally know this dog and when she first came to Heidi she was terrified, was abused. Now my children pet her, give her treats and  so do I!

This lady has been harrasing Heidi and I told her to put a restraining order on this woman.

As for Suzanne, this woman is super! She has helped me on many occasions with my animals, is very informative and does this all for the animals.

I believe that these two woman are incredible in what they do, most people would not care nor spend the time and efforts they do. This is what you would call a miracle worker!

As far as this report that this lady wrote, she is off her rocker and has no  idea who these people are. I still believe a restraining order should be given to her and she needs to focus her life on good things and not be such a negative person. This only brings unpleasantness to everyone and no one likes a person with horrible mojo!