Complaint Review: Cat's Meow

• Updated: Sat, December 07, 2013

• Reported By: Tamara in AK — Willow Alaska
Cat's Meow
P.O. Box 3179 Wallingford, Connecticut USA

Cat's Meow getcatsmeow.com Purrrrfect way to take your money! Wallingford Connecticut

*Author of original report: More to watch for if you call the Cats Meow!

I thought I was being a smart consumer by ordering this product over the phone rather than the internet...apparently this company will take advantage of you no matter how you contact them.  I was told my card would be charged 19.99.  Ha, I thought I even managed to find a way to avoid the shipping by using the phone # on the web site vs the television commercial.  Then there was the $48.41 charged to my account.  After calling customer service again, I was then informed there was an additional $10 charge to my account for shipping to Alaska, and apparently there was a third one ordered while I was on the phone telling the automated system "NO" each time it asked if I wanted to buy more of these bloody things.  When I did finally get to a customer service person I repeated what she said and I even questioned the amount of $19.99. The end result was I was credited $10 which to me was fair since I peceived it as only paying one $9.95 S&H charge.  When Idid receive the toy it broke within a few days. I also have a mysterious $!9.95 coming out of my account from a US CUSTOMER 4078058900 for the past two months.  Of course the web site it is associated with is "unavailable" and they do not answer the phone on weekends.  So I guess I will have to change my visa card number and go through the CPA (consumer protection agency) to try and get my funds back from this company.  I would not recommend this company or it's toy in any way shape or form after all this and I don't think I will ever order stuff like this again just because it is too easy for them to take advantage when they get your credit card info.  If you are thinking but my kitty will really like this...think twice, yes your kitty might like it but I doubt it will like it for long since it is so inexpensively made.  The additional headaches of finances might be addressed by sending a money order but I would not even try that.  Hope this was helpful and wish I'd looked up this site sooner! Buyer Beware!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2013 10:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cats-Meow/Wallingford-Connecticut-06494/Cats-Meow-getcatsmeowcom-Purrrrfect-way-to-take-your-money-Wallingford-Connecticut-1105156. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cat's Meow

More to watch for if you call the Cats Meow!

AUTHOR: Tamara in AK - ()

Just a little follow-up on the mysterious $19.95 being removed from my account for US Customer 407805...

I did finally get a hold of the company via their phone number.  Apparently with the Cat's meow telephone system, the voice and number choices are irrelivent...No does not mean no to them.  I somehow agreed to a shopping network  membership when I said NO.  Thankfully the company representitive was very professional and immediately issued a refund and cancellation to me when I contacted them and explained that I did not agree to this membership.  So again folks, look at your statements closely after ordering from this cat's meow company there may be more than additional shipping charges coming out of your account from a different company!