Complaint Review: Cat's Meow

• Updated: Thu, June 20, 2013

• Reported By: PO Box 31580 — 80931 Colorado
Cat's Meow
Wallingford, Connecticut USA

Cat's Meow The most deceptive and unethical business practices I have ever experienced! Wallingford Connecticut

This business has the most deceptive business practices I have ever experienced. I saw the product (cat toy) advertised on television. While ordering online the website requested that I confirm I wanted to take advantage of their two for one offer. I clicked to confirm I did, and was billed for two two-for-one offers (four toys, rather than two toys). I placed this order on a Sunday night. Per the website, customer service is only available between 8 am to 10 pm Eastern time. After checking the status of my order online very early Monday morning, the website stated my order was "in process". I immediately phoned the provided customer service number and the man who responded stated that though the order had not yet been mailed, he was unable to cancel the order from going out later that day. I informed the customer service man that when I received the order I would immediately mark it "refused: return to sender" and send it back. This business is extremely unethical and should not be permitted to conduct business with customers who respond to their false advertisement in good faith. The postage per two for one offer is almost the cost of the offer. I responded to a $19.99 offer. What resulted was a $71.78 charge to my credit card: $39.98 for two offers, when I ordered one, and $31.80 postage. Federal Trade Commission should investigate widespread deceptive and unethical business practices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2013 08:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cats-Meow/Wallingford-Connecticut-06494/Cats-Meow-The-most-deceptive-and-unethical-business-practices-I-have-ever-experienced-1060883. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cat's Meow