• Report: #1019952

*Consumer Comment: Cavalier K9 -- Highly Recommend

*Consumer Comment: Positive experience

*Consumer Comment: CavalierK9 Top Notch

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Dog training

they claim to be top dog trainers but in reality all they will do is put an electric collar on your dog and shock him to half death

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2013 11:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/cavalierK9/Internet-Virginia-/cavalierK9-claim-to-be-dog-trainers-Internet-Virginia-1019952. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on cavalierK9

Cavalier K9 -- Highly Recommend

AUTHOR: Riley - (United States of America)

I firmly believe this is a case of "mistaken identity." For one thing Cavalier K9 does not do training in Vienna, VA. And secondly, the love and respect the owners of Cavalier K9 have for the dogs they train is undeniable.

We first met the owner at our veterinarians' office where she worked part time. When we brought home a new pup we went straight to Cavalier K9. We had a great time working with them. The techniques and tips we learned while using the E-collar NEVER put our dog in danger and we never felt it was inhumane.

We have nothing but wonderful things to say about Cavalier K9 and gained a great friend throughout our training. We highly recommend these trainers!!!

Positive experience

AUTHOR: mbrake - (United States of America)

I disagree with the report of the Cavalier K9 trainers just putting e-collars on the dogs and shocking them half to death. My dog was trained through this company and they were very professional and had my dog's best interest at heart.

I did use an e-collar. I was nervous at first, but I tried it on myself at the same level I used for my dog. It did not shock me. It did grab my attention but in no way did it cause pain. I believe that is its purpose. My trainer started us off at the lowest intensity level and that was all we needed.

My dog responded well and trained quickly. After the initial training stage we no longer needed the e-collar. I was pleased with this company and had a great experience.

CavalierK9 Top Notch

AUTHOR: Eileen Jewett - (United States of America)

I am confident the person who filed this complaint must have the wrong company.  After a trusted source highly recommended the owner, my dog and I took training classes.  It was money well spent - we had a great time, learned a lot, were given ideas and suggestions to get the desired outcomes and all done with positive reinforcement only.  I found the owner to be experienced, kind and very knowledgeable on dog behavior and training.  I would recommend to anyone!

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Dog training

AUTHOR: Cavalier K9 - (United States of America)

I am not sure if I know Melissa L. She may have the wrong company. Here at Cavalier K9 we never just "put an e-collar on your dog and shock him to death". We don't even use an e-collar on every dog and never use them on un-trained dogs! We only use this collar for off-leash training dogs that have already been through our programs and on occasion a dog that may steal food off of counters.

We ALWAYS start off with positive motivational training and all of our programs are customized to each dog and each owner. :-)