Complaint Review: Cavalry Portfolio Services, LLC

• Submitted: Thu, March 12, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, March 12, 2009

• Reported By:monsey New York
Cavalry Portfolio Services, LLC
9522 E 47th Place Tulsa, Oklahoma U.S.A.

Calvary Collections,Cavalry Portfolio Services, LLC calvary is trying to recover lease payments for a lease that ended over 6 years ago and car was returned and all payment were made. No proof in writing has been given they have used scare tactics to get money Tulsa Oklahoma

We were contacted by this collections agency for money on a leased ford that was turned in 6 years ago and all payments were up to date. They claim that they assumed this debt from Ford and started by saying that its only x amount of money , not too much to avoid court.

They began to use scare tactics today 24hrs after first getting in touch with us. They started using the tactic by naming family members,including my deceased husband.
Threatened us with court but after all these years and 3 leases later, they claim that they are within their rights when the statute is over with even though we don't own the money.

They claim to be in possession of 35 pages of information against us and yet will not release anything in writing and told us that they would e-mail the info.
In two days of saying they sent the e-mail you can guess that I haven't seen one at all.After I interrogated them a little further they hung up on me.

I have reported this to my local District Attorneys office and all our banks to their expectations. I think this is the best route.
Looking for someone in the NY area who has/is experiencing the same problem.

Edith
monsey, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2009 02:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cavalry-Portfolio-Services-LLC/Tulsa-Oklahoma-74145/Calvary-CollectionsCavalry-Portfolio-Services-LLC-calvary-is-trying-to-recover-lease-pa-433554. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cavalry Portfolio Services, LLC