Complaint Review: Cavalry Portfolio Services

• Submitted: Sun, February 24, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, February 24, 2008

• Reported By:Manassas Virginia
Cavalry Portfolio Services
7 Skyline Drive, Floor 3 Hawthorne, New York U.S.A.

Calvary Portfolio Services Garnished wages and joint bank accounts for auto loan defaulted in 1999 Hawthorne New York

Obtained auto loan through American Investment Bank in 1995. Defaulted on loan and car repossessed in 1996. Up until 1999, had made arrangements to pay through American Investment Bank. The amount owed was $8,000. Cavalry appeared from nowhere as of early 2007, and garnished all my wages and depleted my bank account that was joint.

Not only did they deplete the account, but took my husband's funds as well without notification. My husband has no involvement; especially since we were not together until 2000. Cavalry states I owe over $35,000! They got a judgement for a principal balance of $13,000 and added over $24,000 of interest on top of that. From my research, they obtained my defaulted note in 2004. I have contacted them several times, they will not take off the interest and have made my life a complete hell. Is this legal to charge all that interest?

What can I do besides pay the $35,000? Is there a way to only pay the principal? I could lose my new job and security clearance because of this! And they don't even care!!

Manassas, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2008 09:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cavalry-Portfolio-Services/Hawthorne-New-York-10532/Calvary-Portfolio-Services-Garnished-wages-and-joint-bank-accounts-for-auto-loan-defaulted-311545. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cavalry Portfolio Services