Complaint Review: CBCS

• Updated: Wed, April 25, 2012

• Reported By: Chasimark — Marietta Georgia United States of America
CBCS
Columbus, Ohio United States of America

CBCS said they were working with AT&T to collect a debt and charged me $346.35 now AT&T says I still owe Columbus, Ohio

At the beginning of 2011 CBCS sent me a letter stating that they were collecting a debt that I owed to AT&T for $690+ and were offering me an "early out".  I knew that I did owe AT&T but was unaware that the amount was that much because it had been a while since I had AT&T.

CBCS stated in their letter that if I paid $346.36 before a certain date then the collection item would be settled.  I paid the amount which was taken from my checking account on May 6, 2011.

On April 24, 2012 I received an automated call from a different collection agency called Enhanced Recovery Company saying that they were attempting to collect a debt and provided a toll free number at which to call them back, along with a reference number.

I found that to be odd considering I had checked my credit report in February and had no collection items on it.  Upon returning the call I discovered that this debt was the same debt from AT&T which had already been resolved through CBCS.  AT&T says they have no record that I ever paid the money.

An internet search on CBCS turned up the same issue that others have had with CBCS and it seems I have been hoodwinked.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2012 05:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CBCS/Columbus-Ohio-/CBCS-said-they-were-working-with-ATT-to-collect-a-debt-and-charged-me-34635-now-ATT-s-873893. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CBCS