Complaint Review: CBCS

• Submitted: Sat, August 08, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, September 29, 2009

• Reported By:Cypress Texas
CBCS
PO Box 163250 Columbus, Ohio U.S.A.

CBCS sent me a letter for a company I've never had an account with... EVER Columbus Ohio

*Author of original report: Another Sherman Co entity still trying to collect on this bogus debt.

So I got this letter from CBCS stating that I owed more than $400 to ATT Broadband LLC, but they would settle for 208.19. Well, my silly self called the number before I got on the internet and lo and behold(!) they are scam artists. I've never in my life had an account with AT&T Broadband, in fact I didn't even live in America when AT&T Broadband was formed according to Wikipedia...I was stationed overseas in Italy.

This story should be mighty interesting. I'm going to follow the advice of another poster and retain every piece of correspondence and record every conversation as well as send formal disputes to them, the attorney generals of both Ohio and my home state, and the lovely folks in Washington DC.

I don't think so bucky
Cypress, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2009 07:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CBCS/Columbus-Ohio-43216/CBCS-sent-me-a-letter-for-a-company-Ive-never-had-an-account-with-EVER-Columbus-Ohio-477758. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CBCS

Another Sherman Co entity still trying to collect on this bogus debt.

AUTHOR: snooks76@hotmail.com - (U.S.A.)

A little update.  Very shortly after I sent the letter to CBCS I received a very polite letter from them saying they were returning the debt to LVNV.

Less than a week after that, I received a letter from Resurgent Capital Services saying basically that they received the debt, were not going to contact me any more but that I still owed it with a bogus "Verification of Debt" that contained nothing except a restatement of some mysterious $278 debt that had inflated to over $400 with various fees and interest.  No indication of an original creditor this time.  Very interesting.

I have sent them a cease and desist letter two the two different addresses that they have (one on the letter they sent and a PO Box on their website).  We'll see how it plays out!