Complaint Review: CCL Logistics Toronto Canada

• Updated: Sun, May 19, 2013

• Reported By: Anonymous — Seattle Washington
CCL Logistics Toronto Canada
Toronto, ON Depot, 356 Bay Street, Toronto, ON, M5 Toronto, Ontario Canada

CCL Logistics Toronto Canada Attention Craigslist Buyers!! FAKE CCL Logistics Company in Toronto Canada Toronto Ontario

*UPDATE Employee: Consolidated Carriers Ltd not affiliated with CCL Logistics Canada

This is a complaint against CCL Logistics Company in Toronto Canada. This company is a scam! Do not use this service! No goods/items will be delivered to you!

I wanted to buy an iPad on Craigslist from a person named Nathalie Powell <nathalie-powell@cwebmail.net> with a very low price. When I contacted this person to buy the iPad, she replied that she was out of town and will have to send the iPad to me over from Toronto, Canada. I was convinced when this person told me that she found a company named CCL Logistics that will deliver the iPad to me in the U.S. from Canada and allow me to check the iPad before she gets the payment from me. This company even allows me to get my refund back if I am not satisfied with the product. I do some quick research on this CCL Logistics Company and found out that this company is real (At this time I did not know that the REAL CCL Logistics Company is in UK and this FAKE one is in Toronto Canada and they are not from the same company). [continued below]....

.....

After we agreed to do the transaction, she gave me a link and told me to follow its procedure to begin the transaction.

Not long after that, I got an Invoice in my email from this FAKE CCL Logistics Company and they told me that they’ve received the iPad from Nathalie and will begin to ship it to my house after they receive payment from me.

They told me that the payment must be made through Western Union to a CCL Logistics Agent named Lewis Tepper in Bolton, United Kingdom. After making the payments and days of waiting for the iPad to arrive, none received!

I contacted Ralph Coldwell <customerservice@tor-ccllogistics.com> in customer service and asked for my refund back but was ignored. I heard nothing back from them since then. My money was lost and I can't do anything. So I just want to raise awareness and post this topic so someone can see and will not be tricked like me.

NOTE: This is a scam that will post an item on Craigslist with a very low price (usually Apple products) and will ask you to make the payment to CCL Logistics using Western Union. They even have a nice working website that probably tricks you that they are real. Well, they’re not!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2013 06:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CCL-Logistics-Toronto-Canada/Toronto-Ontario-M5H-2T7/CCL-Logistics-Toronto-Canada-Attention-Craigslist-Buyers-FAKE-CCL-Logistics-Company-in-1051264. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CCL Logistics Toronto Canada

Consolidated Carriers Ltd not affiliated with CCL Logistics Canada

AUTHOR: Consolidated Carriers Ltd - ()

Dear internet users, many thanks for posting your experiences online. I am emailing from Consolidated Carriers Ltd (CCL). We are a logistics company based in Scotland in the UK and have no affiliations with companies in the USA or Canada, and no branches over there. I believe you've been involved in a scam which has been set up using our company name and logo by individuals in Canada, calling themselves CCL Logistics Toronto/Canada. Items were posted on Craigslist for sale and buyers were asked to transfer money through Western Union, making shipping enquiries through fraudulent websites using part of our company domain. We do not hold goods or money and have no affiliations with these individuals.

We would suggest that you contact the relevant authorities with your experience - we have done the same both in the UK and in Canada, following reports from other internet users. We are confident that these sites have now been closed down.

We do hope you retrieve your money soon – we would also suggest that you contact your bank about the fraudulent transaction.

Many thanks for your assistance and for posting your experience online, we very much appreciate your help.

Best regards from Scotland,