Complaint Review: CCS - Credit Collection Services

• Updated: Wed, August 04, 2010

• Reported By: szeptember — Staten Island New York United States of America
CCS - Credit Collection Services
P.O.Box 9134 Needham, Massachusetts United States of America

CCS - Credit Collection Services Diane Vavro harrassment for bogus claim; claims letter was sent by them 7/31 but as of today, 8/3 no leetr was received. Even if the claim was true ,It's not, why don't they give a week to receive a letter? Needham, Massachusetts

I have cancelled a home insurance with Liberty Mutual in April and took out insurance with another company.
On August 3 I received a call from Credit Collection Services and they wanted to collect my dues on behalf of Liberty for May and June. I told them that I informed Liberty of the cancellation and had paid my dues to a different company.

Liberty did not have the curtesy to call me (this way it would have been clear that they failed to notice my cancellation), but went ahead to a collection agency.

CCS accused me first of not responding to their letter, a letter I have NOT received and they claimed they mailed on 7/31, a Saturday, 3 days ago... (maybe I'll get it next week?)

I asked them information regarding Liberty Mutual; they said they have none, no phone number, no name.  I said I cannot believe it that they are trying to collect to Libery Mutual and they have no info. I added that I will report this to the Better Business Bureau.

A few seconds later they "found" all the reference, including my home insurance info: the agency is in the lying business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2010 04:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CCS-Credit-Collection-Services/Needham-Massachusetts-02494/CCS-Credit-Collection-Services-Diane-Vavro-harrassment-for-bogus-claim-claims-letter-wa-629101. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CCS - Credit Collection Services