• Report: #183401

Complaint Review: CCS Credit Collections Services

Thank You

Read how Ripoff Report saves consumers millions.

  • Submitted: Sun, March 26, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, February 15, 2013

  • Reported By:Tacoma Washington
CCS Credit Collections Services
Two Wells Avenue Newton, Massachusetts U.S.A.

CCS Credit Collection Services CCS is scamming me Newton Massachusetts

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: settlement

*General Comment: Don't pay on old debt

*General Comment: CCR and Insurance Companies, Agents, etc...

*General Comment: Look At These Slimy Debt Collectors; They are Worse Than Roaches..

*Consumer Comment: Please give us an email!

*Consumer Comment: Why doesn't CCS negotiate to rid a debt?

*Consumer Comment: offended

*Consumer Comment: Direct to Gabby and All Employees of CCS

*Consumer Comment: TO ALL EMPLOYEE OF C.C.S.

*Consumer Suggestion: Stop and Listen

*Consumer Comment: CCS Employees

*UPDATE Employee: Let's clarify...

*General Comment: Just got a call from CCS

*Consumer Comment: File a complaint

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: CCS VERY RUDE AND UNABLE TO HELP!!

*Consumer Comment: I Am Blown away by the call i got today

*UPDATE Employee: Collections.

*Consumer Comment: Just sue them

*Consumer Comment: Just another bully

*Consumer Comment: CCS USA INC Crafty scam

*Consumer Comment: CCS USA INC Crafty scam

*Consumer Comment: ccs rip off

*Consumer Comment: I'm in the process of starting to deal with CCS

*Consumer Comment: And the beat goes on...

*UPDATE Employee: It ain't that bad.........

*Consumer Comment: Interesting

*Consumer Comment: Irony, 'tis a beautiful thing

*Consumer Suggestion: Judgemental Gabby...

*Consumer Suggestion: Judgemental Gabby...

*Consumer Suggestion: Judgemental Gabby...

*Consumer Suggestion: Judgemental Gabby...

*Consumer Suggestion: Hey Gabby, you have violated the FDCPA 18 times, the FCRA 5 times, and the Florida Consumer Protection Act 3 times

*UPDATE Employee: Rebuttals rebuttal

*Consumer Suggestion: ELAINE - GOOD FOR YOU !! YOU GO GIRL!!

*Consumer Comment: Oh, P from Dallas - I have!

*Consumer Suggestion: ELAINE - BOISE, IDAHO - THERE **IS** SOMETHING YOU CAN DO!!!

*Consumer Suggestion: ELAINE - BOISE, IDAHO - THERE **IS** SOMETHING YOU CAN DO!!!

*Consumer Comment: Why is a collection agency in business for 40 years?

*Consumer Suggestion: CONCURRENCE REGARDING BBB

*Consumer Suggestion: Dispute procedure

*Consumer Suggestion: I ALMOST FORGOT

*Consumer Comment: gabby, THEN VALIDATE THE DEBT

*Consumer Suggestion: Gabby - Epping, New Hampshire - YOU NEED TO CHECK YOUR COMPANY OUT ACCORDING TO THE BBB IN YOUR AREA .....

*Consumer Suggestion: A dose of reality for Gabby the debt collector

*UPDATE Employee: CCS Collections in Massachusetts

What's this?
What's this?
What's this?
Is this
Ripoff Report
About you?
Ripoff Report
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
commitment to
customer satisfaction
Click here now..

Does your business have a bad reputation?
Fix it the right way.
Corporate Advocacy Program™

SEO Reputation Management at its best!

CCS Credit Collection Services are giving me the run-around to find validation on their claim against me. I first received a statement from CCS 11/05 concerning a debt owed to my previous Auto Insurance Agency (Progressive) from May of 05.

Progressive Auto Insurance never informed me of this debt when I cancelled my policy. There was never a contract offered from the agency, nor any information provided when I requested to review some.

I called CCS when I first got my statement, to get more information regarding the validation of their claim and neither the representative nor her supervisor could provide me with such

I then told them that I would like to dispute it, and would like a complete copy of any information they have concerning me and their claim.

They told me that I would need to contact my Auto Insurance Agency (Progressive) and request information regarding my account from them.

When I called Progressive to obtain information and validation of my "delinquent account", they told me that my entire file had been transferred to the collection agency, and they no longer had anything to do with it.

I called CCS back, and they took my fax number, and home address and said they would send me anything they could find.

Here it is, March of '06, and I have still not received any information concerning my account, even my statements stopped coming. I figured they realized I wasn't an idiot, and removed the debt.

However my recent Credit Report Stated CCS as a collector owed.

All that these people care about is getting this money, which I would have no problem paying, had it been a ligit claim. But the fact that they are unwilling to work with me and the law, by not providing me with proof of their claim, I refuse to pay this debt.

I found another complaint regarding this company on this website, on the REBUTTAL, a customer made a suggestion and I would like to quote a piece from it, to offer some more information to whom it may regard:

"The CRA's do not make money REMOVING information. But you can force them to verify the debt, and when they can't, they have to remove the information that is on your report. If CCS, after no response to this form letter, still verifies the debt, they are in violation of a number of state and federal laws and you can prosecute them. So keep copies of all correspondence to and from the collection agency and the credit bureaus."***Tony - Bakersfield, CA.

The category was 'Collection Agency's' and the article was based on the exact same company listed above. Submitted by Kristina from Kenai, AL. March 2, 2006.

For copies of the appropriate forms to send in to get validation on your claim, they are included in the above report. I would suggest reading it, as it includes more information concerning the legallity of this situation.

I cannot believe the disregard this company holds for the people they are trying to collect debt from. Their attitude toward me was totally disrespectful and degrading. And the fact they stuck their tail between their legs and ran under the table when I confronted them, shows just how legitimate this company really is.

A company that does honest, legal work, should have no problem facing these kind of concerns, especially from their customers. I would be more apt to pay and comply with them, had they complied with me.

Stephanie
Tacoma, WA
U.S.A.


U.S.A.

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on CCS Credit Service Division aka First National Credit

CLICK HERE to read about Credit Card Scams... find out how to get your money back. Consumer makes harsh but accurate statements. *Rip-off Report Investigation follow-up provides valuable information.

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on CCS Credit Service Division aka First National Credit

CLICK HERE to read about Credit Card Scams... find out how to get your money back. Consumer makes harsh but accurate statements. *Rip-off Report Investigation follow-up provides valuable information.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2006 09:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CCS-Credit-Collections-Services/Newton-Massachusetts-02459/CCS-Credit-Collection-Services-CCS-is-scamming-me-Newton-Massachusetts-183401. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CCS Credit Collections Services

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Search Tips
Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?
REBUTTALS & REPLIES:
0Author 44Consumer 1Employee/Owner
Updates & Rebuttals

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

settlement

AUTHOR: dbach - ()

i worked for ccs and as far as settlements go the amount that is offered is based on guidelines sent by the client. the rep is only allowed to go to a certain %, a supervisor could go lower,you shiuld have asked to speak to one. what confused me on your post is you said couldnt afford the amount offered but then said you were going to mail it. when was it being sent? with settlements there are 2 options, settle in full within 10 days or secure it with a payment within 7 days and payment plan the rest. maybe thats why you were advised it would go back up, depending on when it was being sent.

 

Respond to this report!
What's this?

#2 General Comment

Don't pay on old debt

AUTHOR: Jack - (United States of America)

No. Talking to them doesn't reset the statute if limitations. Making a payment does however. Any debt that's nearing the statute if limitations I would not pay. Because even if you paid at that point it would drag down your score more than if you had not paid.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#3 General Comment

CCR and Insurance Companies, Agents, etc...

AUTHOR: Helen - (United States of America)

As I see it my problem stemmed with the aggressive agent who was fast talking and bamboozled me into high premium insurance because that's where the best commission was available to her and at the time I bought the insurance the quotes were not available on the Internet. The agent was pissed that I tried to cancell the policy. She fast talked, tried to reason and argued with me. I believe for her own commission sake, she did not cancell the policy when I had instructed her to do so. Then enters the collection company who obviously works primarily in the insurance industry based on what I've read on this site. They seem to be fishing for whatever they can pick up which for them and the insurance company is gravy. Well, in some cases the insurance company may be rightfully owed. The problem lies in the HOW all this is gone about. There is no human to talk to that really cares other than that they make a commission based on the amounts of dollars that they ultimately bring in. And the company doesn't exist without having vampires trying to suck every last bit of blood out of you. So the point of me trying to explain that my agent, who was working for the insurance company and NOT for me, did not represent me properly and failed to complete the transaction as I had instructed - is pointless. The collection agency and the insurance company do not care. And as far as I know the fast talking, overly aggressive agent is long gone. I like to take care of my bills and have a good credit rating but it's companies like this that keep a lot of people from moving forward. And the insurance industry as a whole is only about the insurance industry making oodles of money. It all just stinks. So what you're saying is that by me even talking to them about it, resets the time and the statute of limitations?!
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#4 General Comment

Look At These Slimy Debt Collectors; They are Worse Than Roaches..

AUTHOR: Jack - (United States of America)

Everytime I come across a complaint about debt collectors abusing and harrassing people as they often do (per the FTC Debt Collection has the most complaints out of any business in the Country) and they come on these boards berating the person talking about "Oh well, pay your bills".

What stupid dumb idiots.

Just because someone has fallen on hard times does not give some slimy, shady , underhanded, devious debt collector the right to abuse them or their family members. And you are WRONG. Debt collectors in civil suit have been sued for MILLIONS of dollars and the plaintiffs have WON.

Some lawsuits DRIVE THESE SHADY DEBT COLLECTORS RIGHT OUT OF BUSINESS.

I guess it would take a BRAIN to know those things.

And if a debt is OLD no one should pay it anyway. It will only RE-AGE the debt and restart the statute of limitations. You IDIOTS!
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#5 Consumer Comment

Please give us an email!

AUTHOR: Helen - (United States of America)

Okay, it's 2013 and I just got a notice about a claim that I thought was put to rest in 2009!!! Here's the deal: my aggressive insurance agent told me I had to buy my auto insurance through them or there was no way I was going to get flood insurance and I live in a flood zone. The auto insurance i was REQUIRED to buy was through Travellers and the cost of which started out okay but then went up to an astronomical amount.

Once the price got out of hand, I therefore priced out other policies and found one much cheaper (as I also realized that my insurance agent could not hold me hostage like that since I had by then had flood insurance for a while). So I called Travellers to cancell my policy and they said I had to contact my agent. So I did. And my agent said she cancelled it - and maybe never did. In any event now I'm being harassed 4 years later.

So I HATE talking on the phone because I'm not good at communicating or fighting these types of situations. As a matter of fact, that's how I got bamboozled into the Travelers policy in the first place which I'm sure was the result of that agent getting a better commission from Travelers. So, I'd love to try and communicate all this via email. I'm not going to call and hear some story about how somehow, some way this is all about me!

Please get me an email or just throw out this file because it's all ridiculous and I'm not paying for it! BthanksM
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#6 Consumer Comment

Why doesn't CCS negotiate to rid a debt?

AUTHOR: Kiki....Texan - (United States of America)

I am a person that unfairly had medical insurance cancel on me AFTER a service from Labcorp was already performed.  So a bill of $50 of labwork done (because I 'thought' I had medical insurance), turned out to be $580!! I do not have money to pay that, so I (unsuccessfully) tried to negotiate with Labcorp 3 times. And each time, they wanted full amount.  I wait for the bill to go to collections (thinking) they would negotiate it down, so it can be paid. 

CCS got it, sent me the collections letter and I called right away to settle and pay it in full.  I already paid Labcorp $280 and still owed $300.  When I asked what figure we can settle on to pay? They said $270?! I said that was way too high and I can't afford it. After staying on the phone and trying to get more taken off, so I could just pay it, they barely knocked anymore money off AND wanted a $10 processing fee to pay it over the phone!!!  I told rep, I will mail the check, so I didn't have to pay the extra $10.  The rep, rudely told me, "if it isn't paid by next week, it'll go back up to $300."

No, if these CCS reps think they are wonderful and work for a wonderful company and do all sorts of good for the consumers? They are sadly mistaken!

This company doesn't care to help consumers out of a debt, they just want money and as much money as possible! Even charging a $10 processing fee, over the phone and on-line to collect more money?!

And my debt WAS NOT because I neglected to pay a bill, it was because of a medical insurance mistake, that wasn't even my fault......
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#7 Consumer Comment

offended

AUTHOR: offended - (United States of America)

You say we don't listen or want to pay the debt but do you stop to ask or care in any way what the real situation is with each party. NO!

 My bill came to your collection agency and I have repeatedly explained to your reps my situation and said I have every intention of paying my bill and that i would be willing to set up a small pmt plan. I was then told I have only two options neither of witch I could afford at this moment .

Your reps then began calling my job and relatives and harassing them, when I told them to stop or I would get fired I was told by the rep he would keep calling my hr at work till I paid my bill and there was nothing I could do about it. They also said they would fax my info to my employer witch I'm pretty sure is against the law without a court order for garnishment ,and I have not been notified by any court of any such action.

I get the same rep every time I call and try to discuss this with someone else when I asked for a supervisor I was hung up on in mid sentence. Some of us actually want to pay and are unable to pay lg amts and your people want it all or nothing and I am sorry but I owe other bills that I am also trying to pay with half the income I had when the original bill occurred.

 So please don't sit in judgement of me as a group when you don't know me and don't care and don't preach how wonderful your company is when the reps treat the people like crap then expect us to keep answering your calls either work with us or leave us alone and get a court judgement.

Brenda
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#8 Consumer Comment

Direct to Gabby and All Employees of CCS

AUTHOR: misjsimi - (United States of America)

Gabby wants to write and states that because people dont pay their bills is the reason she has a job. That sounds like a load of bull and you know what, you obviously dont understand that in this economy a lot of people are struggling. Nobody wants to talk to CCS or any debt collector.

You need to understand that as consumers we are fully aware of the rights we can exercise under the Fair Debt Collection Act. If I ask you for validation of the debt, you have to provide it to me.

This company is filled with a bunch of losers, which is why I refuse to answer the phone when you call.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#9 Consumer Comment

TO ALL EMPLOYEE OF C.C.S.

AUTHOR: thinkkit - (United States of America)

I'm glad that you are happy and satisfied working for a "WONDERFUL" company. You've done a "WONDERFUL" job representing Credit Collection Services. You're the "EPITOME" employee every debt collection companies seek. Keep up the "WONDERFUL" job then one day you'll be pay to THINK. But, for now--SHUT UP--and stair into your computer screen and tell us the facts. Facts we are well aware off because we are the one whos facing those difficulties and threats to our credit. Here are some facts, which you do not know and your computer screen does not tell you:

1). You're employer's clients are not genuine in their claim, which your boss may or may not know but are not telling you, that why you do not have the necessary information to verify those debt. Im sorry for that.

2). An insurance policy is a unilateral contract, which is one-way. For example, a radio station announced that it would give $1000 to the 100th caller. The participants are not obligated to call or else be fine for that amount. However, if the participant wanted the $1000 consideration, he or she has the choice to accept the terms of the announcement and be the 100th caller. Similarly, if the policyholder wanted coverage, he or she has the choices to make that monthly installment payment or not; and cannot be liable for that amount.

3). Your employers clients are abusing the due process of law. If a person or entity wanted to collect, theyre must gives a proper notices to defendant for a chance to answer or mend the damages before processing further. Also, the defendant has the right to discovery, which means the right to ANY INFORMATION that is withheld against them; however, youremployers clients and bosses has turn the due process of law on its head.

Some of clich Ive read and heard that are contrary to C.I.C (California Insurance Code) are, Auto insurance - In a Mandatory Insurance state make sure you cancel your coverage in writing. when division 1; chapter 10; 661(a)(1) clearly stated that a NONPAYMENT SHALL BE EFFECTIVE NOTICES OF CANCELLATION. My personal clich Ive read, READ your policy information...[,], coverage is MANDATORY with a registered vehicle on the road...[], just because you cancel your policy because you didn't feel like paying for it anymore, not so fast!

You are under contract w/ most of these insurance companies, [..]. This resounded what Ive heard over the phone from Christine Sewell, senior under underwriter, from INFINITY AUTO INSURANCE. But when I asked her which division, chapter, and section of the C.I.C? She answered, I DONT KNOW! Huh! How could a senior under writer not know the law, which supposedly protected them and INFINITY that allowed them to continue coverage of my Tundra without my permission? She doesnt know because there is not such law. Ive checked. The only C.I.C that could be applicable to this case is Division 1; Chapter 5; Section 480-491, which regarding premium that she claimed INFINITY earned.

However, no material facts in Chapter 5 that mentioned INIFINITY (insurance companies) must continue coverage even thought an installment payment has ceased. As a matter of fact, Division 1; Chapter 5; 481(b), affirmed that no contract may contain a provision which mandates that the premium for the policy shall be fully earned upon the happening of any contingency except the expiration of the policy itself. So, insurance contract may not have any contingency section (protective clauses) that will allow them to retain a full premium payment.

4). Definition of Fraud is any misrepresentation of material facts with intent to mislead and deceive for monetary gain, which is what Christine Sewell statement was because its contraries to California Insurance Code.

P.S KEEP OUT THE "WONDERFU" JOB!!!

THINKKIT

Citation, you could check for yourself.
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/.html/ins_table_of_contents.html
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Unilateral+contract
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/discovery,
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/due+process
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/fraud
 
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#10 Consumer Suggestion

Stop and Listen

AUTHOR: Andrew F - (United States of America)

If I had a dollar for every time legal action was threatened against a collection agency, I would be right up there with Bill Gates and Donald Trump. Here's a heads up, this company wouldn't be allowed to do business (none the less for 40 years) if they were doing things illegally. 

Take some responsibility and listen and you're much more likely to get it resolved. Threatning legal action is going to get you know where. 9 out of 10 times you do owe the money and you just didn't read the small print. That's not the agencies fault. 

-Brother Frank 
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#11 Consumer Comment

CCS Employees

AUTHOR: Roger - (United States of America)

Research for whom you work.

CCS pieces false information together and attacks.  Wrong policy, person, address and no money owed on the policy according to the insurance company.  Now that I have filed a mail fraud claim with the postal service and the insurance company is investigating for insuramce fraud; I'll sit back and see what comes next.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#12 UPDATE Employee

Let's clarify...

AUTHOR: JG - (United States of America)

I have worked for Ccs for over a year now and I can assure you WE are not scamming anyone.. If you cancel an insurance policy and you get a final bill that you don't agree with and just disregard it, eventually you will be put in collections. It's not "my" fault that you haven't taken the time to respond to our clients demand for payment.

So here it, months after you cancelled your policy and I'm calling you.. 1st things 1st, I'm not mean or rude when I make an outbound call to you, however you think I am nothing but a lowlife, mean, heartless bottomfeeder. Well you're wrong. The purpose if my job as a "customer service rep" is to assist YOU! That may be with a payment, or a dispute. We want to resolve this just as much as you. Do you really think we want to call the same people and get screamed at and cussed out day in and day out??? NOPE. We want to clear your file from our records.

As far as giving attorney info and saying you'll call back later... If the debt was not discussed your file WILL NOT BE NOTED!!! If you could stop interrupting us for one minute we can say what we need to say and continue with assisting you. Are you sure you gave the person the number we called you on? Why didn't you get a file number if you were going to call back? Did you allow the rep to speak?

Pass it along, a debt collection company is someone's job, just because you don't agree to what our client's records state, doesn't mean the debt is a scam from Ccs. Also before you flip your lid on us, remember this is OUR JOB. When you get a ticket from a police officer does that make you hate all officers?? Just remember they are still there to help you, as am I.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#13 General Comment

Just got a call from CCS

AUTHOR: mark - (United States of America)

I am another lucky person that just got a call from CCS in an attempt to collect a debt. I was busy and gave them some attorney information. They told me to call back with more info when I could. Ok.

Upon calling back NO ONE could locate any information from my phone # or my name. They had no idea why anyone there would call me. They had NO RECORD of me. Yet when they called me they had my number, AND my name, first and last.

Here's where I screwed up. I never asked what debt they were trying to collect, and they never told me.

Apparently this company is still at it. Please beware!
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#14 Consumer Comment

File a complaint

AUTHOR: Roger - (United States of America)

Hopefully, everyone that has received mail from Credit Collection Services of Newton, MA., will take just a few minutes and file a complaint with the United Staes Postal Inspectors.  You can get to their site at www.usps.com/postalinspectors.  It only takes a few minutes and is easy.

They have sent me a collection notice on a non-exixting insurance policy.  This constitutes mail fraud.    
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#15 REBUTTAL Individual responds

CCS VERY RUDE AND UNABLE TO HELP!!

AUTHOR: jamesdavis - (United States of America)

I am the victim! So its 2011 and I get a rude call from a man from an unknown number claiming that I owe a debt for Sprint. Now theres a problem I have never had a Sprint bill nor a sprint ever! He insisted that I was lying because someone had paid about a year on the contract Im assuming it was a contract. He informed me that he deals with these things all the time and I should watch my credit because Im delinquent on a lot of things.

First off My social in 2006 was being used to fraudulently obtain electricity by my x-wife. I found out because the electric company called me trying to collect the money before they send it to collections.

There is a lot that happened on that phone call with CCS but most disturbing was the lack of compassion and the lack of understanding.


Second this bill was made in 2005 and I am hearing about it in 2011??

Bad bad company, when i asked for help he said he couldnt, that i would have to get it on my own. He also stated that i needed to settle down or he would take necessary actions.(whatever that meant) I was upset, I wasnt threatening his life.. I am so upset because of this so i decided to google the company to see if it was real. All I see is people trying to get money and will say anything to do it regaurdless if I am the victim or not!

I hope this doesnt happen to anyone ever... It can ruin your day!




 

Respond to this report!
What's this?

#16 Consumer Comment

I Am Blown away by the call i got today

AUTHOR: Ray - (U.S.A.)

i just got a call from ccs and the rep was very disrespectful and rude i told her i had not gotten a letter from US cable that i was delinquent and she had the nerve to say and i quote "well are you sure you are smart enough to check your mail" i was blown away and asked to speak to a supervisor and she Gave me the run around about a supervisor not being available and i finally had to threaten to hang up and call the bbb and my lawyer before she would transfer me to asupervisor

upon getting the supervisor on the phone i preceded to explain to him what the rep had said and he kept trying to side track mei finally got him to acknowlege the rude behavior and disrespectfull commentary and got him down to brass tacks so to speak and"HE"the supervisor of the call center couldnt tell me anything and i mean anything about the claim they had against me

Im sorryi Have Worked hard for over 15 yrs to have what i have and it burns me up knowing that companies actually train employees to treat fellow americans who are trying to be good people like scum you find in a sewer simply due to the fact that the credit and insurance companies are out to squeeze every $ they can out of the american ppl

i have a cousin who at 17 has three credit cards how you might ask simply because the credit card companies dont care that he doesnt have a full time job they know he will be in debt for the rest of his life its a sad state but oh so true

and gabby i am very sorry to hear that you are the kind of person that give people the reason to get on here for help i can tell you are the kind of person who looks down on people who WORK for there meals by getting there hands DIRTY and Yes i Work very hard for my paycheck and am proud to say I AM A HARD WORKING "POOR" AMERICAN

Respond to this report!
What's this?

#17 UPDATE Employee

Collections.

AUTHOR: Collector - (USA)

I am an employee and have been for a while.  I enjoy my work. I am given the opportunity to interact with many people... quite possibly someone who has posted here. 
Auto insurance - In a Mandatory Insurance state make sure you cancel your coverage in writing.  Also, personally have proof of other coverage from your new provider dropped off to the old to establish a line of coverage.  Proving there was no lapse. Also, from my understanding (which may be flawed) When an agent gives you a quote for coverage they do so based upon a certain period of time.  As a courtesy they split it into monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly, or semi-annually.  Many believe that if they stop paying before the next bill is generated they are all set.  What results is the account may be sent to collections because the quote was based upon that total time frame.  By canceling early you lose any benefits or discounts that may have been applied.  If you have talked to me you may have heard this "If I go into a store and buy a 6 pack of soda I may get it for 3.00 (.50 cents a can) but if I go back in and buy 1 can I will pay 1.00.  When the coverage is canceled early you lose the discount of the longer term purchase price. (If I am wrong please let me know). 

What I have learned from working here... and as I tell most people I deal with.... My job here is to remove your account from collections either by assisting with a dispute or processing a payment. (I am sure that will give me away to many of my co-workers and possibly even more of the people whom I have dealt with.) 

My Recommendations:

 If you hear you are in collections and are sure it must be an error call into the agency.
   One of the most memorable interactions I have had was from a person who was unsure of the legitimacy of the account.
   Immediately called in gave his name.  Explained would consider giving the phone number further into the conversation.  He then proceeded to ask me questions regarding the account.  I gave him all of the information I had available.  There were a few pieces of information that would be very helpful but they were not provided on the file so he politely asked if there was a way we could follow up with the client to get more info.  I gave him the policy number with client and the contact number as well as flagged the account for supervisor review. (and noted the additional info we both agreed was missing and could be very helpful.)  It is true as far as policy - a breakdown can be requested during the validation period... by submitting it in writing during the first 30 days you are ensuring to get it with little or no problem.

If I forgot anything or made any mistakes please point them out to me.
Thanks
: )
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#18 Consumer Comment

Just sue them

AUTHOR: Giorgian - ( )

Same issues here, I kept a few policies with Farmers on my houses for a good number of years and they kept on upping the premium. I switched the company before renewal, but Farmers decided to renew anyway. I told them I need them no more and they added $25.00 for each policy for renewals. I never asked them to renew. 2 years later they sent the bills to these collectors in Newton for double the amount. I did not pay, I simply took them to court in California, after filing the summons and served them, they promptly informed me they no longer want to collect and they sent the debt back to Farmers. I dismissed without prejudice. It cost me more than their alleged debt, but I made my point and then some. They think they are on top of you until you file the claim, then they back up like a cockroach

Respond to this report!
What's this?

#19 Consumer Comment

Just another bully

AUTHOR: Carrie - (United States of America)

I had reason to contact CCS today regarding a collection notice my client is receiving due to an insurance company not cancelling a policy when the client changed companies.  They refused to give me a fax # to fax the supporting documentation to, claiming it was "private information"!  This company considers themselves a "business"?  It appears that they do everything possible to NOT do the right thing! 

I have owned a business for many years, have a credit score over 800 and pay off all bills in full every month.  I pay cash for my cars and only make time payments on my mortgage, on which I pay extra every month and have automatically taken out of my checking account.  In my 40 years in business, I have never dealt with anyone from a collection company whom did not strike me as a small, mean, bitter person whose only validation for their existence was giving someone else a difficult time...exactly like the bullies in school.  I see it happen to good people all the time.  Good people who have lost their job, have excessive medical bills, etc...good people to whom bad things have happened.  And somebody jumps on the collections bandwagon because they have nothing else to validate their existence.  

Gabby, if you are proud of the job you do, I feel VERY sorry for you.  Try volunteer work! 

Respond to this report!
What's this?

#20 Consumer Comment

CCS USA INC Crafty scam

AUTHOR: Justice - (U.S.A.)

This company was successfully sued under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act in Massachusetts.  This company purchases debt, and then farms out cases to lawyers in each respective state. Although CCS buys the debts, they fraudulently list the supposed original creditor as the actual plaintiff party (even if the original creditor no longer exists due to bankruptcy and other matters). By choosing the improper party, CCS USA, INC. (known as Credit Control Services Inc) out of Newton MA (President Steve Sands), remains in the background and out of the picture. The only problem is that they are violating federal law, just as they did in the Massachusetts case. In the MARTIN case, CCS was sending out letters to consumers saying that attorneys were working on the case when the attorney was not. Now, CCS has dispensed with the letters and moved on to becoming entirely clandestine operations. For, example, your credit report may still have them listed (as they own the debt), but any legal documents might state that the original (defunct) creditor is the plaintiff. The attorney may set aside the matter for years until they decide to "create" a bogus and generalized undated or ambiguous bill (to avoid the problems of the original FDCPA successful suit), but not admit their client is not the original defunct creditor, but is actually CCS. This is part of the strategy of CCS and the Attorney General has been informed. An investigation will ensue. Please look up CCS USA INC on this site for past details regarding the scam.

 

Respond to this report!
What's this?

#21 Consumer Comment

CCS USA INC Crafty scam

AUTHOR: Justice - (U.S.A.)

This company was successfully sued under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act in Massachusetts.  This company purchases debt, and then farms out cases to lawyers in each respective state. Although CCS buys the debts, they fraudulently list the supposed original creditor as the actual plaintiff party (even if the original creditor no longer exists due to bankruptcy and other matters). By choosing the improper party, CCS USA, INC. (known as Credit Control Services Inc) out of Newton MA (President Steve Sands), remains in the background and out of the picture. The only problem is that they are violating federal law, just as they did in the Massachusetts case. In the MARTIN case, CCS was sending out letters to consumers saying that attorneys were working on the case when the attorney was not. Now, CCS has dispensed with the letters and moved on to becoming entirely clandestine operations. For, example, your credit report may still have them listed (as they own the debt), but any legal documents might state that the original (defunct) creditor is the plaintiff. The attorney may set aside the matter for years until they decide to "create" a bogus and generalized undated or ambiguous bill (to avoid the problems of the original FDCPA successful suit), but not admit their client is not the original defunct creditor, but is actually CCS. This is part of the strategy of CCS and the Attorney General has been informed. An investigation will ensue. Please look up CCS USA INC on this site for past details regarding the scam.

 

Respond to this report!
What's this?

#22 Consumer Comment

ccs rip off

AUTHOR: bob - (USA)

I found this to work, file a harassment complaint at your local court, sue for punitive damages, chances are no rep for that co. will show up, therefore they are found in default, you gain judgement against them as it is considered defamation if it's in print!

it's on your credit file for any creditor to read!

second stop all calls by sending them a certified letter telling them to cease and desist calling all numbers and contacts and only communicate via the u.s. mail. failure to do so give's you the opportunity to again drag them into court.

my wife had cancer 3 yrs ago, a credit collector for an agency representing her credit card called, I explained why she was late, he say's to me " your wife's f------ cancer has nothing to do with this card! If I was' nt strapped for cash, I would have flown to nevada and buried my size 14 shoe where the sun do'nt shine. these people get paid minimally, they don't care about you, your situation, nothing! they say what they want cause they know you'll never see them. So, take them to court!

Respond to this report!
What's this?

#23 Consumer Comment

I'm in the process of starting to deal with CCS

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

About a month ago, I received a letter from CCS stating that Liberty Mutual had sent them my file, along with my last car insurance bill from Liberty Mutual, which they claim I had not paid. Unfortunately, I threw out the letter they sent me after I contacted them and susbequently mailed them proof that I did, indeed, pay my bill. I sold my car in Boston this past March (2009) and subsequently cancelled my car insurance policy. I owed Liberty something in the neighborhood of $42.00 for my last insurance payment. They received this check from me (I went online and sent them a check online from my online banking account), and it is clearly reflected on my April, 2009 statement. Anyway, I mailed a copy of my bank statment, which shows the debit payable to Liberty Mutual for my last insurance payment, and I have not heard back from CCS...yet. From what I'm reading, I'm expecting that this will appear on my credit report when I check it this year. The p*sser about the whole thing is that you would think that Liberty would have sent me a letter or called me at least once if they thought I was delinquent, but no, they sent me directly to an outside collections agency. Having formerly worked for a collections department, I know this to be not the best financial decision that a company can take. After 90 days of no payment, fine, but I literally received the letter from CCS within 45 days of having paid Liberty...they cashed my check, too! There is no mercy here. I'm also the victim of SallieMae student loans and another RipOff Report special - that American Magazine Company out of Montana. I think I'm just going to shut off my cell phone, get a P.O. Box anonymously and stop using e-mail and the Internet, and become a hermit. I don't bother anyone, and even when I'm responsibile and pay my bills, this nonsense just sticks to me like flies on poop.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#24 Consumer Comment

And the beat goes on...

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

""the company wouldn't be in business if it was violating a federal law, let alone there may be some people going to prison.""

The FDCPA allows for UP TO $1000 per individual lawsuit in statutory damages against a debt collector or UP TO $500K (one percentum of worth) for a class action. This is PEANUTS and isn't going to bankrupt or otherwise put a debt collector out of business. Today, such a paltry amount doesn't really constitute a punishment at all-it's simply the cost of doing business (IF a consumer even bothers to sue them.) The FDCPA was written in 1978-it's now 2008 and the statutory penalties need to be changed to reflect current values-say $3500 for individual suits and $2 million for class actions.

Funny thing is that this very fact was brought up to the FTC during their Consumer Credet Conference in 2007-folks need to write to their elected government representatives to get the statutory damages of the FDCPA INCREASED to reflect todays monetary standards.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#25 UPDATE Employee

It ain't that bad.........

AUTHOR: Proudmonkey23 - (U.S.A.)

I think it's funny that people always resort (very quickly) to the thought that they are being scammed if they don't get what they want. As far as CCS and the FDCPA go, the company wouldn't be in business if it was violating a federal law, let alone there may be some people going to prison. The fact of the matter is....maybe sometimes people just want to cry like a 2 year-old because they owe money...

I've been on the butt end of phone calls from debt collectors myself, and from what I remember, they were all very nice...AND I really did owe the money...And if it came to a debt regarding insurance companies, I tend to keep my policy information, receipts, letters, etc, for my record, should I forget what bills are being sent for...Life is too hectic most of the time for any normal human being to remember what every letter is for.........

People are basically too lazy, they trust the system too much, and don't keep anything for their records!! Like, if I was gonna sell my car, I would make sure to make up a bill of sale and also to get some documentation from the buyer or the DMV...ya never know when that information can come in handy.

As far as CCS goes, if some of you out there need validation of your debt, and the simple fact that Progressive Insurance (for ex.) sent your bill to collections because they have already verified that you're not paying for the coverage THEY PROVIDED FOR YOU, doesn't convince you enough.....you can request a breakdown of your bill, or otherwise known as an itemized bill, from the collectors. The request would have to be in writing, but I would call them to say you're mailing a letter for request of breakdown.....

For everyone out there....when it comes to insurance companies, READ your policy information...especially with vehicle coverage, whereas in most states, coverage is MANDATORY with a registered vehicle on the road....And, just because you cancel your policy because you didn't feel like paying for it anymore, not so fast! You are under contract w/ most of these insurance companies, so be careful who you get a quote from, or what you sign....

Because then I'll be hearing that whining and complaining on the other end of the line...just be responsible and keep records, EVERYTHING, and you'll make it out OK....
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#26 Consumer Comment

Interesting

AUTHOR: Heather - (U.S.A.)

I had just received a call from this company for someone who doesn't even live at my house. I must say that the gentleman on the phone calling my house at 8:53pm was quite rude. I asked him what company he worked for and he informed me that it was none of my business.

Since I work in the Collection Service Industry, I thought this was out of the norm. I informed him that the person he was calling for was not living at that residence but that I did, in fact, know him.

The man on the other end of the phone was raising his voice at me while I was asking simple questions, the basics "who what when why" because it seemed as though he was becoming frustrated that I wasn't saying "Oh yes, the person you're asking for his here, let me get him for you right now."

I did feel the need to tell him I was going to disconnect the call after I said to him "Well, I work in the Collection Service Area and I don't feel you need to speak to raise your voice at me." and his reply "I don't care what you do, I don't care who you are, pass the message or there will be consequences."
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#27 Consumer Comment

Irony, 'tis a beautiful thing

AUTHOR: Justin R. - (U.S.A.)

"Its pretty amazing, how well many of you can't spell in your rebuttals."
"You credit is crappola anyways" I believe you meant 'Your'. Oh, and crappola is not a word, nor very dignified/professional.

Apparently there are no proof readers in your family either, Gabriela. But your raging hypocrisy is not my favorite part of your post(s). My favorite is that you attack everyone else's points of argument, but do not produce any evidence why they are wrong, and yet they are producing quite a bit of evidence why they are correct and accurate. You see, Miss Teen USA South Carolina, to refute someone, you need to ACTUALLY REFUTE THEM, not just attack their character or work ethic with worthless and degrading quips that make little to no sense.

I have worked in several call centers, and I am now a manager in a call center for Convergys Corp. which is one of the largest business relationship management comapnies in the world. I have met precious few CSRs (customer service reps) who are in any position to be passing judgment on people's work ethic, let alone people they haven't met. You are basing your indictments on information gleaned from two or three paragraph responses to another persons legitimate concern. These people are sincerely trying to help each other, and you can only degrade them with inane comments. (just in case you were wondering, spelling queen bee, I meant inane, not insane) The attitude of "I am right because I am louder and meaner" doesn't fly in the professional world. Someone who speaks to people on the phone should understand that. But then again, as a victim of CCS, I am familiar with YOUR guidelines for customer relations. I even had a SUPERVISOR say to me "I just want to get you off the phone as soon as possible" so maybe it is BAU (business as usual) for you to just ridicule someone until they agree or give up.

"Its so easy for everyone to simply say they are'being scammed -or- ripped off" are'being? hmm, maybe you're using a really old version of word perfect or something that doesn't have a spell checker.

Yes, Gabby, it is easy. It is also just as easy for you to sit at the computer that you paid for with your "hard earned" money and claim that we are "simply say[ing we] are being scammed" but that doesn't change the fact that some people are actually dealt with in a less than legal/professional manner. It happens, this is real. And your company is part of the problem! No matter how much food they have placed on your table, due to your enormous work ethic, you cannot deny the fact that they have not always operated within the bounds of the law. Your dedication/devotion to your employer is annoyingly admirable (as much as it is greatly misplaced), but if you continue to refute us without evidence, and only with scathing remarks about our characters, you succeed in only further proving your ignorance, thus diminishing any credibility you may actually have on this subject.

So, go ahead, pat yourself on the back for working hard, and showing all of us how we are terrible spellers/proof readers. But please know that the people in here are striving for something more noble than simply stroking our own egos. (which is infinitely more than anyone can say for you) We are reaching for fairness, equality, and justice. Your little quips mean nothing more than a mosquito bite, and I am just a fly swatter.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#28 Consumer Suggestion

Judgemental Gabby...

AUTHOR: Heather - (U.S.A.)

I agree with previous posts regarding different situations for different people. If CCS is a legit company, than they would take into account that some people, companies, etc... May not actually be responsible for the "debt". Yes, we all know how to spell Gabby, I suggest you read yours over again... This being said, this must be the kind of intimidating, embarrassing, humiliating, judgmental and just plain rude behavior that they at CCS teach, or shall I say, require...
Not only may some people NOT be responsible for the debt, they may not even be the legitimate person to whom the debt belongs. Perhaps in all of your hardworking days, you have not yet heard of identity theft!!
Not only is this something that CCS needs to take into account, but they must act upon with sincerity!
I have been such a victim and have had to deal with many creditors, not only are most other creditors helpful, but they don't try to intimidate me or make me feel like I am being dishonest like CCS does!
And this is a great company?
Any report that is asked for by the debt holder is not only the responsibility of the credit company to provide, but it is unethical not to!
I am disgusted with the amount of "messages" left on my answering machine saying "This phone call is for Blahdy Blah, if you are not Blahdy Blah, than please hang up and don't listen any further"
Give me a break!!
A legitimate company should really act a little more legitimate!
Now, I must get back to MY job that IS great and DOESN'T make people feel like crap!
One more thing to you "Gabby" Do you ever consider the fact that some of these hard working people, who don't sit at a desk all day and call people to harass them, may actually be hard working people that you rely on for your own safety, health, wellbeing? I hope you don't go around telling people what a great company and a great job that you have and work for.
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!! NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER GIVE IN!
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#29 Consumer Suggestion

Judgemental Gabby...

AUTHOR: Heather - (U.S.A.)

I agree with previous posts regarding different situations for different people. If CCS is a legit company, than they would take into account that some people, companies, etc... May not actually be responsible for the "debt". Yes, we all know how to spell Gabby, I suggest you read yours over again... This being said, this must be the kind of intimidating, embarrassing, humiliating, judgmental and just plain rude behavior that they at CCS teach, or shall I say, require...
Not only may some people NOT be responsible for the debt, they may not even be the legitimate person to whom the debt belongs. Perhaps in all of your hardworking days, you have not yet heard of identity theft!!
Not only is this something that CCS needs to take into account, but they must act upon with sincerity!
I have been such a victim and have had to deal with many creditors, not only are most other creditors helpful, but they don't try to intimidate me or make me feel like I am being dishonest like CCS does!
And this is a great company?
Any report that is asked for by the debt holder is not only the responsibility of the credit company to provide, but it is unethical not to!
I am disgusted with the amount of "messages" left on my answering machine saying "This phone call is for Blahdy Blah, if you are not Blahdy Blah, than please hang up and don't listen any further"
Give me a break!!
A legitimate company should really act a little more legitimate!
Now, I must get back to MY job that IS great and DOESN'T make people feel like crap!
One more thing to you "Gabby" Do you ever consider the fact that some of these hard working people, who don't sit at a desk all day and call people to harass them, may actually be hard working people that you rely on for your own safety, health, wellbeing? I hope you don't go around telling people what a great company and a great job that you have and work for.
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!! NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER GIVE IN!
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#30 Consumer Suggestion

Judgemental Gabby...

AUTHOR: Heather - (U.S.A.)

I agree with previous posts regarding different situations for different people. If CCS is a legit company, than they would take into account that some people, companies, etc... May not actually be responsible for the "debt". Yes, we all know how to spell Gabby, I suggest you read yours over again... This being said, this must be the kind of intimidating, embarrassing, humiliating, judgmental and just plain rude behavior that they at CCS teach, or shall I say, require...
Not only may some people NOT be responsible for the debt, they may not even be the legitimate person to whom the debt belongs. Perhaps in all of your hardworking days, you have not yet heard of identity theft!!
Not only is this something that CCS needs to take into account, but they must act upon with sincerity!
I have been such a victim and have had to deal with many creditors, not only are most other creditors helpful, but they don't try to intimidate me or make me feel like I am being dishonest like CCS does!
And this is a great company?
Any report that is asked for by the debt holder is not only the responsibility of the credit company to provide, but it is unethical not to!
I am disgusted with the amount of "messages" left on my answering machine saying "This phone call is for Blahdy Blah, if you are not Blahdy Blah, than please hang up and don't listen any further"
Give me a break!!
A legitimate company should really act a little more legitimate!
Now, I must get back to MY job that IS great and DOESN'T make people feel like crap!
One more thing to you "Gabby" Do you ever consider the fact that some of these hard working people, who don't sit at a desk all day and call people to harass them, may actually be hard working people that you rely on for your own safety, health, wellbeing? I hope you don't go around telling people what a great company and a great job that you have and work for.
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!! NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER GIVE IN!
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#31 Consumer Suggestion

Judgemental Gabby...

AUTHOR: Heather - (U.S.A.)

I agree with previous posts regarding different situations for different people. If CCS is a legit company, than they would take into account that some people, companies, etc... May not actually be responsible for the "debt". Yes, we all know how to spell Gabby, I suggest you read yours over again... This being said, this must be the kind of intimidating, embarrassing, humiliating, judgmental and just plain rude behavior that they at CCS teach, or shall I say, require...
Not only may some people NOT be responsible for the debt, they may not even be the legitimate person to whom the debt belongs. Perhaps in all of your hardworking days, you have not yet heard of identity theft!!
Not only is this something that CCS needs to take into account, but they must act upon with sincerity!
I have been such a victim and have had to deal with many creditors, not only are most other creditors helpful, but they don't try to intimidate me or make me feel like I am being dishonest like CCS does!
And this is a great company?
Any report that is asked for by the debt holder is not only the responsibility of the credit company to provide, but it is unethical not to!
I am disgusted with the amount of "messages" left on my answering machine saying "This phone call is for Blahdy Blah, if you are not Blahdy Blah, than please hang up and don't listen any further"
Give me a break!!
A legitimate company should really act a little more legitimate!
Now, I must get back to MY job that IS great and DOESN'T make people feel like crap!
One more thing to you "Gabby" Do you ever consider the fact that some of these hard working people, who don't sit at a desk all day and call people to harass them, may actually be hard working people that you rely on for your own safety, health, wellbeing? I hope you don't go around telling people what a great company and a great job that you have and work for.
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!! NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER GIVE IN!
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#32 Consumer Suggestion

Hey Gabby, you have violated the FDCPA 18 times, the FCRA 5 times, and the Florida Consumer Protection Act 3 times

AUTHOR: Scott - (U.S.A.)

Your company violates the FDCPA without even trying. I take it your collectors have a gift. In my case you have violated the FDCPA 18 times, the FCRA 5 times, and the Florida Consumer Protection Act 3 times. You are not even licensed to collect in Florida and yet your company does so anyway. Before you lie and state 'oh yes we are' I checked with the state. All DBA names must be registered and the name Credit Collection Services had its license expire. There are some consumers you do not want to fool with and I am one of the worst. Keep your ears open because you will know all about me in a few months.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#33 UPDATE Employee

Rebuttals rebuttal

AUTHOR: Gabby - (U.S.A.)

Its pretty amazing, how well many of you can't spell in your rebuttals. Any proof readers in your family? Its so easy for everyone to simply say they are'being scammed -or- ripped off. It prevents them from having to do the right thing, keeps the lawyers happy and the court systems busy. But thats okay, stay in your little dream world. You credit is crappola anyways, you will never own anything and you will just continue to be poor and complain that everyone is just out there to rip you off.

Those that dont pay their bills just keep me gainfully employed and all is good in the world. I am good at what I do and will help anyone that asks, FOR THAT I am not apologizing. TY steve, the not a lawyer for setting me straight and breaking down my letter. Maybe you are one of those lucky ones that pays his bills, has a HIGH credit score and lives in a house you own in the country, maybe like me you HAVE worked hard for what you have. To everyone else, just keep complaining, theres always someone out there to rip you off.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#34 Consumer Suggestion

ELAINE - GOOD FOR YOU !! YOU GO GIRL!!

AUTHOR: P - (U.S.A.)

But sadly you don't want to get me on the good old boy network in Texas and politics - trust me - it is not pretty when I get going on our political system ....

The scams and abuse of the elderly send me to another world. More states need to have special laws as florida does to choke those who try to take advantage of the elderly.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#35 Consumer Comment

Oh, P from Dallas - I have!

AUTHOR: Elaine - (U.S.A.)

I do educate everyone I know about the scams out there and the FDCPA. And I know that TV programs out there, as well as radio, newspaper and magazine articles have outlined the scams of Nigerian scams and pre-paid loan scams. And yet people still fall for them...unfortunately, it's the uneducated (perhaps poorly schooled and/or illiterate) and elderly that are often the victims. Meanwhile the scammers and spammers keep multiplying like vermine.

As far as changing laws, I live in the most conservative state in the nation, with an idiot congressman the nut-job-religious-right-zealots here elected. This is a man (Freshman Republican Moron Bill Sali) who proposed a bill in congress to do away with gravity. Yep, you heard right. Do away with gravity. To this man, protecting constituants and enacting laws to prevent and punish scammers is apparently not part of his future plans, but doing away with gravity is. Also of major importance to our illustrious leader: delisting wolves so they can be killed so more deer and elk can be killed by hunters rather than wolves.

Um...hello? What about the scammers praying on your constituants? Maybe if the scammers opened a hunting outfitting company and they scammed hunters THEN we'd see some laws passed!
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#36 Consumer Suggestion

ELAINE - BOISE, IDAHO - THERE **IS** SOMETHING YOU CAN DO!!!

AUTHOR: P - (U.S.A.)

I wish there was something I could do, but unfortunately, I'm but one person.

Elaine - Boise, Idaho
>>> EDCUATE EVERYONE YOU KNOW ABOUT THE LAW. I wish I could say writing to our lawmakers would make a difference but I am doubtful this would ever be successful.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#37 Consumer Suggestion

ELAINE - BOISE, IDAHO - THERE **IS** SOMETHING YOU CAN DO!!!

AUTHOR: P - (U.S.A.)

I wish there was something I could do, but unfortunately, I'm but one person.

Elaine - Boise, Idaho
>>> EDCUATE EVERYONE YOU KNOW ABOUT THE LAW. I wish I could say writing to our lawmakers would make a difference but I am doubtful this would ever be successful.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#38 Consumer Comment

Why is a collection agency in business for 40 years?

AUTHOR: Elaine - (U.S.A.)

Because, unfortunately, there still are people out there who do not know their rights, do not know the laws, and are intimidated and pay companies like yours for no apparent reason.
It's kind of like the Nigerian scams. They thrive because people are too trusting and send the money. They - and sucky collection agencies -well, all scammers as a matter of fact, won't go away until we ALL smarten up, about our finances, about our credit, about our rights and responsibilities.

It makes me sick to see so many complaints on this board about AFNI and other collection agencies, but even sicker about the Nigerian scams and those pre-paid loan scams that people keep falling for. I wish there was something I could do, but unfortunately, I'm but one person.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#39 Consumer Suggestion

CONCURRENCE REGARDING BBB

AUTHOR: P - (U.S.A.)

My favorite is when I reported a company for not providing what they said they would and I reported them. In the company's response to the BBB the company stated they would sue me if I didn't withdraw the complaint ...

BB didn't see the problem ...
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#40 Consumer Suggestion

Dispute procedure

AUTHOR: Don - (U.S.A.)

I realize the original post did say the agency said they would send the information to her in regards to the claim, but legally they do not have to do that based on a verbal request. In my time on a 3rd party team, we would mark the account as a dispute, but tell the consumer that they still had to write a letter of dispute.

As for basing a company's worthiness on BBB reports, remember that the BBB is generally used when there is an issue or complaint, similar to this site. If you read every report on this site or with the BBB, you would never buy anything ever again.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#41 Consumer Suggestion

I ALMOST FORGOT

AUTHOR: P - (U.S.A.)

GENERAL INFORMATION FROM VARIOUS SITES ON DEALING WITH COLLECTION AGENCY'S

Tell them to validate by

. What the money you say I owe is for;
Explain and show me how you calculated what you say I owe;
Provide me with copies of any papers that show I agreed to pay what you say I owe;
Provide a verification or copy of any judgment if applicable;
Identify the original creditor;
Prove the Statute of Limitations has not expired on this account
Show me that you are licensed to collect in my state
Provide me with your license numbers and Registered Agent


1. NEVER talk to a collection agency on the phone. Period.
2. Keep good records. This can be the difference between a good and bad settlement. Don't expect them to remember you or what you agreed upon.
3. Send all correspondence via registered mail, receipt requested and put the registered mail number ON THE LETTER. DO NOT SIGN THE LETTER TYPE YOUR NAME
4. Keep a copy of every letter you send.
5. Penalties and extra interest are typically fictious amounts of money added on by the collection agency to pad their profits. Sometimes as much as to 50% of the debt or more claimed to be owed by a collection agency consisting of interest and fees. This is illegal, every state has usery laws (which dictate the maximum interests allowed to be charged. That is except North Dakota. There are no such laws which is why most credit card companies incorporate there.) Junk debt buyer pay anywhere from 1 cent to 7 cents on the dollar, there is no way there is this much interest.
6. Time is on your side. As time passes, the creditors will likely stop calling and the debt will be filed away for future attention or until the SOL runs out ..
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#42 Consumer Comment

gabby, THEN VALIDATE THE DEBT

AUTHOR: J - (U.S.A.)

the lady said she would pay it, all she wants is information on the debt, what's so hard about that if your such a great company.

If you haven't validated the debt, then why is your great company violateing the law and reporting it to the credit bureau's.

Stephaine:

sent your dispute to all 3 credit bureau's, include the letter you send back in 05, inform the credit bureau you want the information they received to validate this debt, the name of the person, there position or title with the company, complete address, date this was place on your credit report, date of last activity, amount. you want evidence of validation, not verification of mailing addresses.

now this so called great company, must do something. If they don't the bureau's will remove it and after its removed, ccs places it back on, sue them for the continue violations
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#43 Consumer Suggestion

Gabby - Epping, New Hampshire - YOU NEED TO CHECK YOUR COMPANY OUT ACCORDING TO THE BBB IN YOUR AREA .....

AUTHOR: P - (U.S.A.)

First - Gabby - Thanks for your response and please don't take my comments personally. They are meant to present another chain of thought for you to explore.

CCS is a good company and has a good reputation, perhaps that explains why we have been in business for 40-years (ya think? ). If we were scammers or rip off artists, we would have long been shut down by now.
>> Well actually I am an analytical thinker and my analysis of your company (re-enforced by the local BBB which gave your company an unsatisfactory rating because of it's inability to resolve customer complaints) and the number of lawsuits filed against your company would indicate perhaps your company doesn't share such a good reputation. As to being in business for 40 years, it just means that the bullying techniques have paid them well - up to this point. This may or may not continue for the company. You industry has such a poor reputation that the Federal government had to step in and create new "LAWS" to reduce the abuse your industry has caused consumers. The famous "NIGERIAN" scam has been around for at least 15 - 20 years and Federal law enforcement has been trying to shut it down too ...


What the consumers fail to realize is that its because of their debts and lack of responsibility to pay their bills that allows me to have a job there at all. Consumers need to take some responsibility and realize why they were placed with us in the first place (non payment of a bill).
>> While technically you are correct (you have a job because someone didn't perform),however, you appear to have made a judgement call that indicates the individual has knowingly and purposefully committed fraud by incurring a bill without any intent to pay. This may or may not be the case. As posters have discussed sometimes situations occur which are out of their hands and the creditor does not wish to work with them.

The fellow in the horse barn has a job too. It is picking up horse manure in the stalls. Leeches and maggots have a function in the food chain too. Everybody/everything generally has a function.

We are left with the burdon of attempting to locate them with what little info or means we have available to us. Many times we get it right, other times we dont. We do the best we can.
>> You refer to your job as a burden (skip tracing is part of your job). Interesting choice of words. Perhpas in your next posting electing to use a word such as "tasked" might be a better choice. Being in the field of collections, you have at your disposal numerous mechanisms to "skip trace" which should make your job simple. 99% of the information is publically available on the net anyway : )


So the nest time your phone rings and its a telemarketer or a collection agency, here us out, cut us some slack, you probably do owe someone somewhere. We are not perfect, but neither are you.
>>> First rule of dealing with collection agencies -ESPECIALLY WITH AN UNSATISFACTORY RATING - put it in writing. Case in point, your "interpretation" of your company's "good" reputation ....

I am happy to say I work for CCS. Its a great company.
>> It is nice to know you enjoy your workplace. It appears you have found your niche in the food chain.


STEVE - DON - J - HAVE i LEFT ANYTHING OUT?
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#44 Consumer Suggestion

A dose of reality for Gabby the debt collector

AUTHOR: Steve [Not A Lawyer] - (U.S.A.)

Gabby,

This is the drivel I would expect from a debt collector. So here is some reality for you.

If a debtor is UNABLE or UNWILLING to pay a debt, a phone call or other collections action will do nothing. NOBODY wants to speak to a debt collector on the phone, and there is no reason anyone needs to speak to any debt collector on the phone. None.

That is what the courts are for. Send one certified letter, then spend the time and money and file a lawsuit. If the original creditor could not collect on the debt in 6 months, and did not feel the need to sue, what gives you the right?

Here's an idea! How about lenders practicing RESPONSIBLE lending? Then they will not suffer this level of losses. It is a choice.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#45 UPDATE Employee

CCS Collections in Massachusetts

AUTHOR: Gabby - (U.S.A.)

I am happy to say I work for CCS. Its a great company. What the consumers fail to realize is that its because of their debts and lack of responsibility to pay their bills that allows me to have a job there at all. When our clients send over accounts, often times we get very limited or incorrect information. People relocate alot, change or quit jobs and change phone numbers and their creditors are the last ones to be updated with such information. We are left with the burdon of attempting to locate them with what little info or means we have available to us. Many times we get it right, other times we dont. We do the best we can. Consumers need to take some responsibility and realize why they were placed with us in the first place (non payment of a bill). CCS is a good company and has a good reputation, perhaps that explains why we have been in business for 40-years (ya think? ). If we were scammers or rip off artists, we would have long been shut down by now. So the nest time your phone rings and its a telemarketer or a collection agency, here us out, cut us some slack, you probably do owe someone somewhere. We are not perfect, but neither are you.
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?

Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.



Ripoff Report Legal Directory