Complaint Review: CDR

• Reported By: Daniel — Cedar Park Texas
CDR
P.O. 1275 Orchard Park, New York United States of America

CDR Abusive extortion albeit creative. Orchard Park, New York

I recently obtained the number (((redacted))). Apparently the owner before me was named Shawn, or at least that is what CDR the collection agency that called referred to him as.

Anyway CDR called with a looping recording saying - "We've tried to contact you many times and you have not responded. We have your bank account information and will do what is necessary. Please call 855 546 7300 immediately."  Alarmed, I did as they asked.

I believe it was "Eric" who picked up at the other end. After a short back and forth I indicated I wasn't the Shawn they were looking for - in fact my name is Dan. They said they'd keep calling until they found out where I was hiding Shawn. I tried to explain how number transfers worked, but they wouldn't listen. I then indicated I was on the Do Not Call list and every call they made would cost them a $500 FCC fine when reported. At that point they got abusive. So I hung up.

I called back a second time and got a woman who seemed unable to pronounce her name intelligibility. I relayed the same story. At the end she replied that I had some nerve being angry about what happened as she wasn't involved personally. I tried to explain it was her company and she was the one picking up the phone. At that point she got incensed and hung up.

I've never dealt with these sorts of folks before. This might be standard procedure in New York, but then that is why I live in Austin and not used to this sort of abusive behavior.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2013 06:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CDR/-Orchard-Park-New-York-14127/CDR-Abusive-extortion-albeit-creative-Orchard-Park-New-York-1045978. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CDR