Complaint Review: Cedar Electric

• Updated: Thu, January 23, 2014

• Reported By: Jim — Michigan City Indiana
Cedar Electric
29356 Stateline Road Beecher, Illinois USA

Cedar Electric Kevin Hart Took payment for an extended warranty but never provided the warranty Beecher Illinois

In May of 2012 I purchased a Generac standby generator from Cedar Electric. I had 1 year to purchase a 5 year extended warranty. I had them come out to do an annual maintenance check a few days short of the 1 year anniversary of the purchase on May 20 2013. At that time I paid Cedar Electric for the extended warranty, $450.00. I do have the canceled check. Over the past 7 months I have contacted both Generac, to check if they ever received the money, and Cedar Electric to see why they haven't sent the money to Generac and got me registered. Cedar Electric's Kevin Hart at first kept telling me how things were busy, they had a guy quit, etc. But that they would contact Generac. I last talked to Generac on Dec 24th and they tell me there has been no communication from Cedar Electric and they never received any money from Cedar Electric. Cedar Electric won't answer my calls or get back to me now. According to Cedar Electric they parted ways with Generac in October and refuse to discuss this further.  I would be very wary of giving this company any business because of their taking money and not providing customer service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2014 04:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cedar-Electric/Beecher-Illinois-60401/Cedar-Electric-Kevin-Hart-Took-payment-for-an-extended-warranty-but-never-provided-the-wa-1117980. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cedar Electric