Complaint Review: Celadon Trucking

• Updated: Mon, September 03, 2012

• Reported By: Mark — Pipersville Pennsylvania United States of America
Celadon Trucking
9503 E. 33rd St. Indianapolis, Indiana United States of America

Celadon Trucking Payroll caused confiscation of my driving year of wages. Indianapolis, Indiana

*Consumer Suggestion: You Have A Good Case Brewing

You think you have heard bad reports about Celadon, your about to view their worse. DO NOT WORK FOR CELADON. Celadon was bad for 14 months. Very low pay. Froze in winter, sweltered in summer. It was too cold in winter with a weak heater and relied mostly on a small fan in summer because they did not want to idle their trucks. Sitting in Laredo,TX for days waiting for a load - OK if you had relatives there.

After we went our separate ways in April '09, they became even worse. When I was hired, during orientation  we had to have our payroll checks directly deposited to Comdata if you don't bring a personnel check from your local bank for direct deposit. I asked them to mail the check to my home PO Box @ the US post office which is the safest. Three other trucking companies did so for me but Celadon say no. I had done Comdata with JB Hunt so I went along with Celadon as I had no choice. That was my big mistake. All my pay was deposited into Comdata.

What did Celadon do? During the rest of '09 through Oct '10, I continued to cash Comdata checks about $300-$400 each then the shocker came about mid October '10.  When I tried to cash another Comdata check, Comdata said my card was not valid. This was a Saturday and payroll didn't work at Celadon Saturday. Weekend dispatch told me they would tell the payroll department head.  On that following Monday, I called them after she didn't return the call but couldn't reach her. Tuesday, called her again but she had just gone on vacation (fishy?).

Talked to Amy and told her Comdata would not give me any information about my account. She called Comdata and got information I couldn't believe. From 7/16 to 10/1 2010, 5 checks were cashed totaling $23,511.82 by a Tracy Johnson. My name is Mark.  I told Amy that somebody will go to jail. Amy had checked to see if Tracy Johnson was employed by Celadon which Tracy Johnson wasn't. In my opinion, and the officer's submitting the warrant, Tracy Johnson, about 4 miles from Celadon is friends with somebody in payroll. Then the payroll department head, suddenly went on an extended vacation (more fish?).

I contacted my local police in PA. They got an arrest warrant for Tracy and called Celadon for further investigation and found out  from Amy that my pin # had been changed, to my amazement. Further details in the investigation was that a 3rd person named Penny, employee of Celadon, had access to payroll's computer and changed 10 pin numbers. I had no idea because Comdata or Celadon didn't inform me at all that the pin numbers were changed - by law they must notify employees.

The police had reported during their investigation that somebody else working for Celadon had around $6000 disappear from his Comdata account also. During this summer of 2012, I made contact with Celadon's legal dept. After about 2 months of delay, they were to have a conference call as their legal department admitted for a restitution of some kind. A possible used tractor could be arranged for recompense as I could become an owner operator. Finally the day of the talk in early August, the top heads had decided "No Deal".

Do not work for Celadon or use Comdata checking account for your pay. For those that want to take this case against Celadon & Comdata, please notify me at this site or call (((phone number redacted))).

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2012 12:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Celadon-Trucking/Indianapolis-Indiana-46236/Celadon-Trucking-Payroll-caused-confiscation-of-my-driving-year-of-wages-Indianapolis-I-936084. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Celadon Trucking

#1 Consumer Suggestion

You Have A Good Case Brewing

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Hopefully the police will check Tracys background thoroughly. I'm suspecting she has a record and that could make Celadon liable for hiring her in the first place. Obvoiusly they had poor financial auditing in place to have missed these transactions. Wait for the police report before going to small claims court. You should do fine.