Complaint Review: Cellular Plus dba AT&T, Scott Jones

Beasly Drive Franklin, Tennessee United States of America
  • Phone: 6153272337
  • Web:
  • Category: Liars

Cellular Plus dba AT&T, Scott Jones Over Charges for Cellphone Franklin, Tennessee

I was at an AT&T Authroized Dealer. Cellular Plus, In Smyrna, TN. I was there to do an upgrade on my wireless phone. I noticed that the prices were much higher than the other AT&T Retailer, and higher than an AT&T Coporate location.

When I was looking at getting a phone, a simple one that flips. I was informed that by not adding 20.00 in extra charges to my phone bill, that phone was going to be 20.00 higher, in addition to that, if I didn't trade in my old phone, they was going to charge me an additional 20.00. And when it was said and done, It was going to cost me another 10.00 for programming.

It seems to me that this isn't a fair way to do business, Charging an extra 50.00 for a new phone. I went to the AT&T Coporate location in Murfreesboro, and got the phone for free with out adding 20.00 to my bill, and I wasn't asked for my old phone, and was not charged 10.00 for programming.

I think this is another way to rip off someone who doesn't know the diffrence between dealer and coporate store. I understand that businesses are in business to make a profit. But I don't think this is the way to nake that profit, by over charging someone for a phone, and telliong me they are going to charge me an extra 20.00 to trade in my phone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2010 08:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cellular-Plus-dba-ATT-Scott-Jones/Franklin-Tennessee-/Cellular-Plus-dba-ATT-Scott-Jones-Over-Charges-for-Cellphone-Franklin-Tennessee-581087. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cellular Plus dba AT&T, Scott Jones