Complaint Review: Cellular Sales

• Submitted: Thu, June 16, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, October 26, 2011

• Reported By: Carolina Market — Carolina North Carolina United States of America
Cellular Sales
4209 Oleander Dr. Wilmington, North Carolina United States of America

Cellular Sales WARNING-VERY, VERY, AND I MEAN VERY,... DANGEROUS COMPANY TO WORK FOR. Wilmington, North Carolina

*UPDATE Employee: So what really happened is.....

*UPDATE Employee: Really?

*UPDATE Employee: Cherry Picking

*General Comment: Back up your complaint

*Consumer Comment: Uh what?

Warning, do not work for Cellular Sales. It has been, by far, the worst employment experience of my life. I am not exaggerating either. (And i have worked for a few companies, but my experience with Cellular Sales is by far the worst as for the basic standards of employment.) If I had to rank this company on a scale from 1 to 10,...well, I'd have to submit changes to the global scale rankings committee and ask them to add a zero to the ranking's chart.

A good friend once told me it's like the ole story of share-cropping. You work hard in the fields, in the sweltering heat, day in and day out, with no signs of relief. Nobody is bringing you water, because nobody cares about you or your well-being.

At the time of payday, the field owner automatically cherry picks 50% of the best crop right off the top....leaving you the other 50% of the remainder, but 20% of your portion is spoiled rotten, you end up eating another 10% just to survive the daily work, and the field owner charges you 5% of your cut for the privilege of working for him.

If you are a former Cellular Sales rep., I welcome any former sales rep to come forward with their story. (Vrrrrt!)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2011 05:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cellular-Sales/Wilmington-North-Carolina-/Cellular-Sales-WARNING-VERY-VERY-AND-I-MEAN-VERY-DANGEROUS-COMPANY-TO-WORK-FOR-Wil-741761. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cellular Sales

So what really happened is.....

AUTHOR: Steve - (United States of America)

You lied in the interview process told the hiring managers you were a great salesman. Once you were hired you proved otherwise and failed to produce numbers. Thus gaining you the lesser producing shifts, Cellular Sales is a business not a charity case. I have worked here for three years and I can honestly say this is the best job I have ever held.

Please don't bash a company because you failed to hold up your end of the job.

Really?

AUTHOR: steve reaves - (United States of America)

Of all the "rip off" reports I've read,it seems to me that these people(complaintant's) are not accountable for what they do.No Cellular Sales is not a baby sitting service.This is a very respectable place to work and the sky is the limit.If you give it 100% you will recieve the rewards of your labor,it's completely up to you.

You are a contractor... so what use that to YOUR benefit.The partners have always told me if I need anything,just let them know.There are guidlines and procedures that must be followed.If you are not willing to be accoutable and need someone to hold your hand,you don't need to come to work here.We are a team,and we do our job better and different.

Based on what I've read,it would appear to me that you(complaintant)don't have any idea of what it's like to be a contractor.Just tell the truth,if your commissions were adjusted,then you didn't follow procedure.If you didn't turn in your paperwork properly,then YOU are responsible! No one else so stop crying here.

It's been almost a year since I started to work for Cellular Sales.And it has been a very pleasant experience.I love the opportunity to work here.

Cherry Picking

AUTHOR: Jake - (United States of America)

The term cherry picking means taking all of the best shifts, the stores that turn out the most revenue, the management is also a contractor just like you, and in many ways has no management responsibilities. The manager is out for his own money, and will take all of the best shifts, leaving you the dead mall or the strip mall in the bad part of town.

#4 General Comment

Back up your complaint

AUTHOR: Mike Gold - (United States of America)

WTF..... You've said some nasty things but it sounds very ignorant, where is the reason or info re your complaint? I don't get it.

Uh what?

AUTHOR: Cheri - (U.S.A.)

Uhhh... I don't like most cell phone companies i've dealt with (Never worked for one, and never would) but your story has no details of what's so "dangerous" about working here?? I guess I don't get it and what on earth cherry picking has to do with selling cell phones?  Am I the only one here going WTF?

If you expect people on these boards to take your complaint seriously at least detail what the complaint is.... your story has lack of credibility because there is severe lack of information... it'd be like me going "Verizon sucks, why? because I said so!"  Uh ok... ya.... I don't listen to opinions of people who are too lazy to write out WHY there is a problem with the company they are complaining about!