Complaint Review: center for legal help

• Submitted: Tue, November 08, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, November 08, 2011

• Reported By: should have known — henderson Nevada United States of America
center for legal help
827 state st santa barbara, California United States of America

center for legal help scam!!! santa barbara, California

This company states they will give you the name of at least one attorney who will take your case for a discounted fee. You pay $150 "administrative fee" and a monthly "service" fee for as long as you need the attorney.

The only problem: I called and was given the name and phone number of one attorney. I called several times and left messages. The calls were never returned. When I called Center for Legal Help to complain and ask for a refund of the "administrative fee" I was told it was not refundable. I was told to keep calling the attorney. They did not give me a name and phone number of another attorney.

I then told them I wanted to cancel everything and expected a refund. I followed this up with an e-mail and certified letter. I had 7 days in which to cancel. The certified letter (which stated that I wanted to cancel everything and expected a refund of all monies) was received within this 7 day time frame.

Not only did Center for Legal Help refuse to refund any money, but they charged me "service fees" for June, July and August...after they had received my certified letter to cancel everything.

I won my dispute regarding the July and August fees with my credit card company. I am still fighting the $150 "administrative fee" and June "service" fee based on breach of contract on the part of Center for Legal Help.

This is a scam operation and the company is fraudulent. Stay away and tell everyone you know to stay away. They've had 12 complaints with the CA BBB and I filed a complaint with the Dept of Justice in CA.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2011 04:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/center-for-legal-help/santa-barbara-California-93101/center-for-legal-help-scam-santa-barbara-California-796274. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on center for legal help