mixture

• Updated: Sun, December 15, 2013

• Reported By: Anonymous —
Central Penn Machinery
525 East Mifflin St. Lebanon, Pennsylvania USA

Central Penn Machinery - Worst Shipping Experience and Delay - No Refund or Reimbursement Lebanon Pennsylvania

I had an online purchase for a machine from Central Penn Machinery (Run by Garrett Ball in Lebanon, PA). I am from out of town and had to have the machine shipped to me.

TWO RIPOFFS:

1) When I spoke to Garrett over the phone, I promised that it will definitely get to me after 1 week. 3 weeks later, dozens of phone calls, and hundreds of dollars later, I got the machine. The machine went through at least 3-4 freight companies. I went through so many people and received mixed answers in order for me to know if the machine was safe and where it is exactly. Garrett or his freight broker did not contribute in the investigation at all. I needed the machine by 1 week tops - and I lost 2 weeks.

2) The machine was placed on an open crate with a very old pallet There were many tools/parts that came with the machine. Although the machine came with a strong, lockable storage compartment, they decided to place a bunch of the tools right on the machine, without having it tied on to the machine whatsoever. Once I received the open crate, the tools were on the side of the truck's floor. I was really lucky to have noticed the parts lying there.

The least I could get from Central Penn Machinery is any level of refund or reimbursement for all of my trouble. Garrett refused to give me any sort of refund from the shipping or total cost. Situations like these may sound unusual in Garrett's business, but the amount of inconvenience must have constituted a refund. It is simply professional and the cost of doing business if he needed to provide even a tiny reimburesement out of his own wallet.

It is definitely Garrett's fault and his freight broker's fault. Garrett is experienced, but he has no sense of courtesy. Be very careful in dealing with them and making promises. Some arrogance here and there.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/15/2013 09:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Central-Penn-Machinery/Lebanon-Pennsylvania-17046/Central-Penn-Machinery-Worst-Shipping-Experience-and-Delay-No-Refund-or-Reimbursement-1107265. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Central Penn Machinery