Complaint Review: Central Portfolio Control

• Submitted: Mon, June 29, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, June 29, 2009

• Reported By:Syracuse New York
Central Portfolio Control
6640 Shady Oak Road, Suite 300 Eden Prairie, Minnesota U.S.A.

Central Portfolio Control. Wrong Phone Number. Harassment. Collections Agency. Verbal Abuse. Eden Prairie Minnesota

So, since I purchased my phone, I have received phone calls about once a week for an individual who we'll call "C.D.".

Recently, "Joel" from Central Portfolio Control, Inc. started calling. On June 25, he called and asked to speak with C.D. and I politely explained to him that he had the wrong number, it happens frequently, and that he should not call my number again.

"Joel" called again today, June 29, 2009 and asked to speak to C.D. I explained again and reminded him of last week's conversation. I explained repeatedly that I don't know C.D. or why he would use my number... perhaps its because he had the phone number before I did or perhaps he's attempting to pass it off as his own.

"Joel" insisted on June 25th that he had spoken to C.D. at my phone number and today he said that he had spoken to C.D. at my number on June 12, 2009, which is IMPOSSIBLE! (I even checked my call logs to prove it.)

"Joel" then accused me of lying and told me to "have C.D. call [Joel] back."

I have never had a delinquent debt in my life and I'm really shocked and disgusted by this behavior.

I was so frustrated that I called back and asked him the name of the company to file a complaint and he hung up. I called back twice and spoke to two other agents before one of them gave me the name of the company. I also made it clear to her that they had the wrong number, the calls must cease, or I would take legal action.

Apparently, "Joel" made an error in his record of speaking with C.D. on June 12, 2009. That could happen to anyone.

On June 25, 2009, "Joel" was advised of the error.

On June 29, 2009, "Joel" called again in violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act because it is the company's responsibility to verify information and continuing to call me without verifying information for C.D. is harassment.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a good option for me. All they have is my phone number right now. Although I would like to send a certified letter with a complaint and demand to stop the calls to a wrong number, I don't want to give them my name, address, etc. I feel that if I did this, they may try to coerce me into paying a stranger's delinquent debts. There is no reason why I should have to be entangled in someone else's financial woes because of a mistaken phone number.

If "Joel" or anyone from Central Portolio Company calls back, I'll update the report.

Syracuse, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2009 02:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Central-Portfolio-Control/Eden-Prairie-Minnesota-55344/Central-Portfolio-Control-Wrong-Phone-Number-Harassment-Collections-Agency-Verbal-Abus-466079. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Central Portfolio Control