begun

• Reported By: mj154983 — Las Vegas Nevada
Century Link
Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Century Link Lies, incompetence, and rudeness Las Vegas Nevada

Oh if only I had read Ripoff Report before changing cable and internet providers.  I was attracted by the promise of a $250 gift card for switching service.  Fed up with Cox's $225 Cable/internet bills I called to see what Century Link was all about.  Calling to set up service could not have been more pleasant and easy.  I was given a tracking number to track my $250 gift card along with a quote of $118/month for all of my services including taxes and fees.  I was elated.  The set up was flawless but my first bill was $400!  I called and noticed that once you select "current customer" your wait time is about 4-6 times longer than a new customer.  I was told this initial bill was due to set up fees and leasing..blah blah blah.  Fine, I paid it and forgot about it..... until the next month when my bill was $275 and my gift card was nowhere to be found!!!  Called the number to track it and the "separate company" who issues gift cards could not find any trace of my claim....oddly two days later I DID get a TWENTY FIVE dollar gift card....   So I called for two issues, my bill and my gift card....of course waited about 4-6 times longer on hold trying to speak to someone...I finally got through and she said "I have no record here that ANY gift card should have been issued to you, and your $275 bill is due to premium services that i NEVER signed up for..."  and OH BY THE WAY....the cable service would inexplicably black out and go out of commision for 2-3 hours...phone would also do this.  They told me tech support would take care of it....they never came....bills kept coming in for >$200 a month - still no gift card.....so six months later I got irritated and cancelled them altogether so get this! they PUT ME IN COLLECTIONS FOR $1100!!!!!  This is no affecting my ability to obtain a mortgage.

I am so livid with CenturyLink.....stay FAR FAR away from them..cable companies are irrelevant anyway..  We did not replace the cable tv component of our service...so now we only have internet hooked up to Smart TV's....we stream Netflix, HULU, and VUDU through our TVs for a combined $35 per month with WAY more content and NO CONTRACTS!!!  Enjoy your ride Century Link, cable service providers as we know them are a dying breed and with any luck they will be extinct in a matter of a few years.....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2014 06:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Century-Link/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89143/Century-Link-Lies-incompetence-and-rudeness-Las-Vegas-Nevada-1121884. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Century Link