Complaint Review: Century Link

• Updated: Tue, July 23, 2013

• Reported By: Tom V. — Las Vegas Nevada
Century Link
100 CenturyLink Drive, Monroe, LA, 71201 Monroe, Louisiana USA

Century Link Century Link InternetCentury Link Telephone Internet Service, High Speed Data Service was not delivered Las Vegas NV

Back in May of 2013 I added Century Link Internet service to my DirecTV package thinking it would be nice to bundle services since switching from COX Cable to DirecTV.  I got their modem in the mail and when I hooked it up it did not work.

I called to try and get a service person out and they were unable to get someone out (It was a Saturday and they told me to call back during business hours which is when I am working and I have to call outside their business hours for help).

After several attempts to get it working I gave up, then tried calling again.  It is near the end of July and I still have not had an Internet connection to my home but for my trusty COX connection for which I've never had a problem.

Today I had enough and wanted to end my service with them because they had not delivered to me Internet service, but had still been sending me bills.  I worked my way up the phone ladder to find a guy named Jim who's operator ID is 1124783 for reference.

Jim informed me that I would need to pay a $200 cancellation fee to close my account for services I never received - he also said just because I didn't have access to the Internet doesn't mean they didn't send the signal to me so I was at fault for not spending all my time calling them and complaining.  I don't have a lot of time to complain and COX was delivering me perfect service the entire time.

So in the end I would be very wary and suspect of this company and how they treat their "Valued customers."  They value you because you pay them for nothing.  I am a marketing director and will be telling everybody I know to steer clear of this company, I'm not stopping with this complaint.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2013 12:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Century-Link/Monroe-Louisiana-71201/Century-Link-Century-Link-InternetCentury-Link-Telephone-Internet-Service-High-Speed-Dat-1069401. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Century Link