Complaint Review: Century Link

• Updated: Wed, March 12, 2014

• Reported By: Disguested — Columbia New Jersey
Century Link
100 Century Tel Drive Monroe, Louisiana USA

Century Link United Telephone Company of New Jersey, Inc. DBA Century Link Referred my account to Collections Monroe Louisiana

I had bundled my home phone and satellite together. I cancelled my home phone and was informed by Century Link to pay my satellite dish bill directly to the satellite dish company.

I paid the satellite dish company and after several months received a collection notice from Century Link saying I owed them the money because they also paid the bill to the satellite dish company.

I called the satellite dish company and explained the situation. I asked if my account was overpaid or double billed. I was informed no.

I called Century Linkand explained it to them, their response was since it was referred to a collection agency there was nothing they could do about it I had to deal with the collection agency directly.  I know the collection agency is not going to listen to me as it is their job to collect money so I feel i am in a no win situation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2014 12:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Century-Link/Monroe-Louisiana-71203/Century-Link-United-Telephone-Company-of-New-Jersey-Inc-DBA-Century-Link-Referred-my-ac-1130202. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Century Link