Complaint Review: century link

• Reported By: josh.h — gardner Kansas United States of America
century link
p.o.box 2961 phoenix, Arizona United States of America

century link liars phoenix, Arizona

*UPDATE Employee: Can I help?

I work for a cable company and if we ever treated our customer how this company has treated me we would be out of business. How do I even start well lets go with it was a nightmare since day one with this company. for starters i orders the faster internet speed they had and it was no where close to what they advertised i order 10 meg and was getting less the 7meg on a good day. So i called to complain and the first person i talked to told there was an area problem to wait a few days so i did. After several weeks still the same results slow speeds. So I finally decided to cancel my service. I took my equipment and dropped it off at the closest office here in Gardner and my first mistake was i did not get a receipt for returning the equip. I was told by the person at the office even know i turned in the equip. i needed to call and cancel. So when I got home i called to cancel my service and the person i talked to on the phone told me no problem that they could cancel my service. When i was all done on the phone canceling the guy on the phone told me to fill out a survey online and i would not be charged anything. The other reason why i cancel was my first bill was 200+ for a $45 monthly service. when i was never told of any additional charges. So any way i filled out the survey and a month later received another bill for even more money then the one before. so i called in to see what is going on turns out they never cancelled my service (mind you i had turned in my equipment a month earlier kind of hard to use service with no equip.) so i explained all that to the 10 people on the phone and still they told me it was my fault that i should have called in to cancel after i filled out the survey which nobody told me to do. bottom line after being on the phone for over an hour they told me they would cancel my service but i still owe them the money.  so now im stuck with a $273 bill for service i never really had.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2011 04:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/century-link/phoenix-Arizona-85062/century-link-liars-phoenix-Arizona-731247. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on century link

Can I help?

AUTHOR: CenturyLinkJoey - (USA)

Hi Josh.  My name is Joey and I'm with CenturyLink.  I'm sorry to read about the trouble you've had with our company.  I'll be glad to look into the issue for you.  Just email me at Joey@CenturyLink.com with your name, account information and reference your post here on RipOffReport.com.  Thanks.

Joey H