Complaint Review: Century Link

• Updated: Mon, September 30, 2013

• Reported By: Minnesota2013 — robbinsdale Minnesota
Century Link
Saint Cloud, Minnesota USA

Century Link CenturyLink.com Deceptive advertising - bad service Saint Cloud Minnesota

They advertised... 7 megs service ISP in my area... Then when I signed up they didnt use the promo code... I didnt get $50 off my first months service... I was charged $45 a month until I spent 3 hours on the phone to get this fixed!!!

Even when I got it fixed... my service was at 1.5 - 2.5 megs download speed from speedtest.net

I spoke with tech support which had me reboot everything then he told me he would RESET my errors on my service.

Basically heres their scam..

They sign you up for 5 megs service.. Then if they get any unwanted packets or errors on your line, which ALL dsls get from time to time.

This gives them permission to cut the speed down on your service to around 1.5 megs!!!! You have to call tech support each time to get this reset.

Someone needs to start a class action suit on them as this is WRONG. To basically and systematically dumb down the speed of my account when im not looking to 1.5 when I paid for 5 and when they initially told me 7 megs was avail in my area!!!!!!!!!!

And that I have to spend a half hour on the phone to tech support to reboot my system to get the speed back. And it wasnt rebooting that fixed it. It was that the tech told me that my account got "LIMITED" when they encountered some errors from my modem.

I suspect HIGHLY that they do this to everyone in order to only deliver 1/3rd the promised bandwidth!!!!!

Then they can bill more prople using the same crappy network. They even slap you with an extra .99 network upgrade fee per month to help sustain the network. A fee which the salesperson never mentioned.

They need to be taken to court for false advertising and for not delivering the advertised product to millions of households.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/30/2013 07:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Century-Link/Saint-Cloud-Minnesota-56304/Century-Link-CenturyLinkcom-Deceptive-advertising-bad-service-Saint-Cloud-Minnesota-1088269. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Century Link