Complaint Review: CenturyLink

• Updated: Fri, December 20, 2013

• Reported By: bill — Naples Florida
CenturyLink
PO Box 4300 Carol Sream, Illinois USA

CenturyLink Keep billing even after you have discontinued service. Carol Sream Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Ditto

I have suffering with CenturyLink telephone service under one name or another for 10 years. They have always provided lousy customer service and their billing practices should be illegal.

After finally cancelling the service to move to another provider, they sent me a bill that included an entire month of service in advance; that month would include only 1 day of actual service before my account was deactivated.

After numerous attempts to contact them through their email or chat services I finally held on the phone for almost an hour (I have probably wasted several days dealing with their unhelpful 'customer service' over the last few years). I explained to the useless robot on the other end of the line that I was not going to pay them another month's money for a service that had already been disconnected, and I asked them to provide me a pro-rata sum so that I could close my account. They refused to do this and told me that they would not provide an updated bill showing what was actually owed until the next billing cycle.

I explained to them that I would calculate the pro-rata sum myself and pay it and that I would not pay another late for due to their lack of customer service. CenturyLink in their usual Fascist fashion send me a bill the next month with a late fee.

I made a good faith effort to settle what I owed them, and as usual, they treat their customers like mud. This was just the last of so many incidents like this. CenturyLink and companies like them are above the law; after decades of treating their customers like minions they have learned that people have little recourse. These are the people who truly control America.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2013 05:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CenturyLink/Carol-Sream-Illinois-60197/CenturyLink-Keep-billing-even-after-you-have-discontinued-service-Carol-Sream-Illinois-1108499. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CenturyLink

Ditto

AUTHOR: CenturyLink Victim - ()

After having returned CenturyLink Equipment personally at the local store, I was assured that my account has been closed, CenturyLink has continued to bill me for more than six months.

In the past, on more than 3 occurances, it took them 30 days or more to repair the services.

I just want to share my experiences with them to alert anyone who chooses to deal with such a company.