Complaint Review: CenturyLink

• Submitted: Tue, September 17, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, September 17, 2013

• Reported By: Dissatisfied Customer — Hamilton Montana
Hamilton, Montana USA

CenturyLink Failed to Provide Internet after charging me for services Hamilton Montana

My husband and I recently moved to a new area and were in search of an internet provider for use in our home. After having received much advertisement in the mail from Centurylink about bundling internet and satellite TV in order to save money, we decided this would probably be the best option for our needs. Our credit card was charged for the intial setup for each service and an installation date was set for both the internet and tv one short week later. Sounds easy, right? On the day of installation we receive a phone call that they will not be able to install our internet because they don't have enough boxes in our area and that there is no installation date that they can guarantee in the future due to the fact that they would have to wait for a current customer to either cancel their service so we can have their box or wait for more boxes to be installed (again no timeframe as to when that would be completed). I quickly called up Centurylink to cancel my order as I find the business practice of charging a person's credit card and then not providing the promised service, downright appalling. Cancelling an initial order seems like it should be simple enough...however, it has taken me 4 months to close an account that I've never even used, at least 4 phone calls, an unknown amount of "customer service" representatives that would transfer my call from one desk to another, and at least 10 hours of wasted time on the telephone just to accomplish this task. And to top this off, I received a phone call from a collections agency wanting payment for a bill for my TV service that was "bundled" with the Centurylink Internet account. The final bill from Centurylink for my TV service has not even come due yet and the company sent me to collections! This company has been an absolute nightmare to deal with and I hope to ward away anyone who is considering them for an Internet provider. Going with the option to try and bundle my services and save money has now ended up costing me more money in the end.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/17/2013 03:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CenturyLink/Hamilton-Montana-59840/CenturyLink-Failed-to-Provide-Internet-after-charging-me-for-services-Hamilton-Montana-1085302. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CenturyLink