Complaint Review: CenturyLink

• Reported By: Lisa — Covington Washington United States of America
CenturyLink
Internet, Washington United States of America

CenturyLink Qwest Lied to about pricing! Internet, Washington

I signed up for CenturyLink because they were the company who bundled in my area with my DirectTV packaging. I was concerned about pricing and did a lot of research before switching from Comcast to make sure that my Cable and Internet would actually be cheaper.

When I signed up for CenturyLink I was paying 29.99, I needed to keep the cost close to this and asked multiple reps over the course of signing up for service how I could do that.  They all told me that when my 6 months at 29.99 was up to call back and they always put existing customer back on promotional pricing.

Now working in this industry, I should have known that they were lying to me just to get my business.  But I was a single mom who needed internet and the price then I couldnt beat. So I signed up and hoped for the truthful best.

I have now had service with CenturyLink for 9-10 months, and I have called every month since my promotional pricing ended, and noone will put me on a price anywhere near what I was paying.  I am now paying double my promo price.

The best they will offer me is to bundle with home phone, which I dont need, and that will make it 5$ a month cheaper than I pay now.  NO THANKS!

I feel cheated, and I feel that the commitment to customer service and hoesty is lost on this company.  I don't recommend doing business with them.  I will not remove this post unless someone from this company wants to reply to this and fix the lies I was told.

I have attempted escalating through their "management" chain in customer care, but always end up with the same response.  Sorry, not my problem.

Truly disheartening

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2012 10:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CenturyLink/Internet-Washington-/CenturyLink-Qwest-Lied-to-about-pricing-Internet-Washington-936303. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CenturyLink