Complaint Review: Centurylink

PO Box 29040 Phoenix, Arizona USA

Centurylink Lied, Incorrect Information on services, hung up Phoenix Arizona

*Consumer Comment: Unreasonable...

*Consumer Comment: I am not sure

Back in 1996, Qwest offered a free email account for as long as you had a landline.  That would be a Qwest.net

account, hosted by Qwest.  After a minimum of 1 phone, to a maximum of 8 landlines (and still have one),

Centurylink started to simply "disconnect" my service.  After months of phone calls, and months of interrruped

service, I finally got to a Tier II Support person that told me Centurylink no longer wanted to host qwest.net

accounts, and was eliminating that service.  I explained to the support person that this email account

is to my consulting/recruiting business, and that almost 18 years of contacts, websites, letterhead, etc is linked

to this email account.  Cancelling after I have kept and paid for a landline all that time is a breach of contract.

That was in October of 2012.  He said he could keep my account up till Feb 1, and I could contact their executive

office for resolution.  I called, I emailed, I wrote them letter, and no response.  On Feb 1, my email was shut

off.  I again called the technician, who between he and I, kept the account opened till April.  I still have not

received any response from the Executive Office, and the Loyal Customer Support team usually just hangs up

on me.  On one call, a representative told me I could cancel my landline, but had to purchase their internet service to coincide with my email account.  Well, I did that, and I still have no email account.  When I refused to

pay my bill, they simply sent everything to a Collection Agency.  In summary, I'm right now looking for an

attorney to sue Centurylink.  They can obviously still support this service, but are choosing not to.  I have

no idea how much business I have lost due to this.  Centurylink DOES NOT inform any email sender that their

email to me has not been delivered.  Bottom line:  People think I am getting their emails, and I'm ignoring them!   Need an aggressive attorney.  I want my money back that I've paid them for 18 years, and I'm starting

to keep track of damages as I learn them!

AGAIN,

If you are an attorney with an interest in this case, please contact me!

Rich

303-912-1921

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2013 08:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Centurylink/Phoenix-Arizona-85038/Centurylink-Lied-Incorrect-Information-on-services-hung-up-Phoenix-Arizona-1077721. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Centurylink

Unreasonable...

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

Your assertion that they must continue providing you e-mail for all eternity(or at least until you decide to leave) is fundamentally unreasonable and why you really have no valid claim.

In addition to that you have other issues.  In requesting a total refund of all of your phone service for 18 years is again unreasonable.  If for the one main fact is that during that time they provided that service..and you used it.

The other fact is that they gave you 6 months to "transition" to another e-mail address.  In 6 months you could have changed your web site, had new items printed, and even send out notifications to all of your contacts.  But did you do any of that...no it looks like you just sat around and complain.  If you did it in your normal replenishment...it wouldn't have cost you any extra.    So anything more than "nominal" damages is probably just a pipe-dream for you.

They seem to have gone above and beyond what they needed to do to try and accomodate you(and believe me I am no fan of them).  But if you happen to get an attorney...just hope that they don't ask for any money up front as if they do..there is a very good chance you will be back in a few weeks complaining about them ripping you off.

Then we get to just common sense.  Are you going to say that in your entire 18 years you didn't have a single client come to you and say that they have had some part of their contact information change?  So why should you be treated any differently?

Here is one more question.  Say instead of qwest being bought out, say they went bankrupt one day shutting down and just disapearing into the night?  Who would you go after then?

I am not sure

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

I am not sure that you will win the case but I hope you could.

Speaking of email, they may have a case agaist you that they have informed you to move everything. Because you persisted not to move your contact information to another place but wanted them to give the service they are terminating to you, this reason may easily cause you to lose the case. If you are hiring an attorney, be sure that the attorney knows technology very well! The reason is that the email service is NOT a simple service. You need to have a web mail server set up. If they do not wish to have the server and want to take down the existing server, they have the right to do so because it is the company's property. If they properly inform their clients that they are taking down the server (discontinue the service), then it is very difficult to convince a judge to side with you. A judge might have said that you have plenty of time to change your email address. Just my two cents...