Complaint Review: CenturyLink

• Reported By: John — Las Vegas Nevada
CenturyLink
Phoenix, Arizona USA

CenturyLink CenturyLink - Watch out for additional fees Phoenix Arizona

A salesman sold me a contract with CentruyLink home DSL service for "$29.95 a month", with free installation.  When the technician came to hook up the system, he was very courteous and professional but said there would be an additional $100 charge because I had a network cabinett and router.  I had made that perfectly clear to the salesman, and it still only required a single connection.  In the end, I just told the tech to turn on the service and I would do the hook-up.  When my first bill came there was a $40 charge for "additional services".  It turns out that the $29.95 is really "$59.95 with a $30 discount".  Because my service started out of the normal billing cycle, I was prorated for 17 days at the full rate - so it ended up costing more for 17 days than I expected for an entire month!  When I called customer service (LOL) they were downright rude.  The rep actually said it was "fair" to charge the higher rate instead of starting my billing cycle on the day service started.

Not a good start with this company!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/01/2013 01:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CenturyLink/Phoenix-Arizona-85062/CenturyLink-CenturyLink-Watch-out-for-additional-fees-Phoenix-Arizona-1096314. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CenturyLink