This happened with me.
- We signed a contract with HIT in december 2009 for making our shopping cart
- We signed a hosting buyout from them because we already have a hosting agreement with another company
- We were initially told that this website will take just 3-4 weeks max
- Our website was ready according to HIT in Feb 2010.
- We planned to launch the website on 28th Feb 2010.
- We asked them the instructions to port our website to our own servers. They kept dithering this till date. One of their technical supports told me that your website is made using zen-cart platform so go to their support and see the instructions. (We are not technical people and we were totally shocked)
- Thy sold me 2 softwares, SEO and SEarch Engine Publisher and I do not know whether it was ever installed.
- Their Account Manager never returned our call when we started facing the issues with lack of Technical support.
- Technical support will keep us on hold for 30 Minutes to 1 hr and then someone will pick up the call and would tell us that they will get back to us. No one ever got back to us.
- Their design team did such a shoddy work. They developed the design and forced it upon us because they do not have any creativity, we did not hear a single suggestion from them.
- Their sales guy who sold me this website never picked up my phone call.
- All the emails to their CEO were never replied...
I told them that if this website doesn't work on our servers then it is not working. They told me that website is working on their servers.
Actually they wanted me to host on their servers.
Our experience is frustrating to say the least. NEVER hire them for any web-design work.