Complaint Review: Certegy Payment Recovery Services Inc.

• Submitted: Fri, February 15, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, November 27, 2008

• Reported By:aloha Oregon
Certegy Payment Recovery Services Inc.
PO Box 30031 Tampa, Florida U.S.A.

Certegy Payment Recovery Services Inc. won't leave us alone Tampa Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Won't leave us alone in Tampa

In September 2007 (5 months ago) we bought a stereo from Car Toys here in Beaverton Oregon. Because Car Toys put thru my check wrong, it bounced. Since the money was coming out of an Equity line of credit, there were always funds available. FOUR months later I get a letter saying that this company Certegy was going to ruin our credit if we didn't pay. I went to my bank first to double check about the funds being there at the time of purchase, and to see if Car Toys ever tried to get the $382.00 out. The answer was yes there was money and no, Car Toys never cashed the check.

So I called Certegy and told them that the bank was willing to write them and prove the money had been there. Certegy said they would put it through again and all would be well. Today I get a 'second notice' saying the same thing. I wanted to find a website and tell them off, but I can't find one. The timing is such that every time I get one of these letters their office is closed.

We have worked too hard to have our credit ruined by these inept people, I don't know what to do from here. How can I stop them from ruining our credit? And why did it take 4 months from the time of purchase to get that first letter? I see red flags from this company all over the place

Nancy
aloha, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/15/2008 04:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Certegy-Payment-Recovery-Services-Inc/Tampa-Florida-33630/Certegy-Payment-Recovery-Services-Inc-wont-leave-us-alone-Tampa-Florida-309265. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Certegy Payment Recovery Services Inc.

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Hi,

I was reading your compliant against CPRS, it seems that for the most part, CPRS would just prefer you pay the dedt this way they dont have to deal with the legality of this alleged debt.

However, Going back to the orginal creditor/merchant once you provided them with a form of payment, in this case a check, they have up to 6 months to deposit this payment into there bank. Unfortunately, many consumers are unaware of the banking rules and regulations that are associated with this type of payment system. In the future, I would use cash or a debt card that withdraws directly from your personal account. This will advert any problems of the creditor /merchant getting there funds for the products or services they have provided you.

Finally, I myself am a victim of CPRS. In fact, they are currently under a cease and disit order because they have failed to provide me proof of this so called alleged debt they say I owe. I have found that dealing with these collection agaencies, over the past several years, that they will go to any extreme to force you to pay. Regardless if they viloate the law. I would suggest that you turn to the fedral law govern "Debt Collectors" learn it and love it. Because they do break the law everyday. You can find it under Title 15 of The United States Code Chapter 41 Subchapter 5 1692g. If you use this protection afforded to you under the Fedral Law they must adhere or you have the right to file suite against them.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

#3 Consumer Suggestion

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Hi,

Won't leave us alone in Tampa

AUTHOR: Hellinas - (U.S.A.)

I can understand how you feel. Go ahead and if still able get that letter from your bank stating the funds were available at the time the check was put through as well as a brief explanation of what transpired. The letter may be mailed to Certegy payment Services, PO Box 30272, Tampa FL 33630-3046 and mail it in alont with a brief explanation in your own words also of what happened and if you have it a claim # would be helpful in locating your file. Once this is received it will be looked into to get this matter resolved for you.

Good Luck.